home
Posted By: ethiopiamel need reassurance - 07/10/08 02:02 AM
I have been pumping for 9 days after being on the protocol for almost 8 long months. I am pumping every 3 hours during the day and once overnight. Taking 80mg of dom a day and just started fenugreek 4 days ago-9 pills a day. I am only getting about one ounce in 24 hours...seems like this isn't much at all for 9 days into it. Perhaps my expectations are unrealistic since when I pumped with my bio kids I pumped up to 8 ounces at a time! Guess I just need some reassurance that this is an ok amount and that it will increase. I did actually get a brief spray off of one side today instead of just drip, drip, drip!!
thanks, Melanie ( I am using a lactina pump btw..)
Posted By: jenmarko Re: need reassurance - 07/10/08 02:47 AM
Melanie,
My milk came in pretty quickly, but I have read about people that it took longer for. Just keep at it. I think when it does start to increase, it does so more quickly. Good luck.
Jennifer
Posted By: ergent7 Re: need reassurance - 07/10/08 03:03 AM
Don't get discouraged, Melanie! Keep at it. You may have to adjust your expectations though since you are inducing. I never got much more than 3 oz per day while pumping.
Posted By: Esther Re: need reassurance - 07/10/08 05:06 AM
Well it may help you to know you're doing way better than I did at 9 days and I ended up with enough to breastfeed without supplementing. We don't make as much milk as fast as a birth mom but it does build up. So keep at it and keep the faith. From what Lenore told me early in my pumping, it takes a good week or so for the birth control hormones to wear off. And they do inhibit milk supply while they build your boobs.

If you don't mind me asking...which pump are you using?

Esther
Posted By: Hapi Re: need reassurance - 07/10/08 10:47 AM
I've been pumping for one whole month and a few days and all I get is 2 oz. every 24 hours.

I think you're doing great already. Good luck
© Ask Lenore Forums