home
Posted By: DawnL Anyone know if this is normal? - 05/26/03 06:31 AM
When I stopped the protocol, I got my period, as normal. then I had a 3 month break before I had a normal period. I ovulated, so I was expecting it, and 2 weeks later, there it was. Well, I am a little late now. I didn't ovulate this time, so I am wondering if my period stopped again because I am pumping? I am certain that I am not pregnant. (13 years of infertility has taught me well that I will never be pregnant) I just want to be certain that this is normal. My only other explaination would be that the cysts are back in at least one of my ovaries, blocking the tubes. I had surgery for this in 1992, but haven't had a problem since. I certainly don't want one now!
Does anyone know if this can happen? Probably as soon as I post this it will show up. But I know I didn't ovulate this month, and I know I am slightly late right now. Thanks for any advice.
DawnL
Posted By: owlhaven Re: Anyone know if this is normal? - 05/26/03 01:53 PM
Hi Dawn, When I was nursing my last baby (adopted at 4 months and breastfed 2 yrs), I had 3 months with no period, then a period, then a month with no period, then a couple months where my cycle was about 45 days instead of the normal 28-30. By then my baby was eating a lot of solids, and then my period got regular again. It kind of reminds me of when you are a teen just getting your period and it is kind of hit and miss for awhile as yiour hormones get regulated.
Posted By: HeidiB Re: Anyone know if this is normal? - 05/26/03 04:12 PM
Hi Dawn, just wanted to second that. I didn't do the protocol, but I haven't ovulated or had a period since just after I started taking dom in February. I know high prolactin levels inhibit ovulation, so didn't worry. Saw my obgyn just a few days ago and he said it was totally normal, that it often takes a while to return and then is hit and miss for a while.

Heidi
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Anyone know if this is normal? - 05/27/03 03:50 AM
Dawn,
My sister exclusively breastfed my nephew and she got a period every month. You never know...I wouldn't worry. I will be happy if mine does not show up,,I really got used to no period on the protocol. Take care, Cathy
Posted By: DawnL Re: Anyone know if this is normal? - 05/27/03 06:47 AM
Thank you!
I knew it was normal to not have a period for awhile, but I didn't know it might come and go while breastfeeding. So I will continue to look for ovulation as an indicator I am going to have a period soon.
Thank you, so much!
DawnL
Posted By: Susan Re: Anyone know if this is normal? - 05/29/03 12:37 AM
Hey another thought for you...when I was pumping (now just pregnant and waiting oh waiting LOL), I wouldn't get a period forever...then if I missed a few pumpings for a day or two I would get my period. As long as I kicked in more pumpings and kept it up during my period it was relatively short and I wouldn't see it again until I got discombobulated and forgot to pump again. Just another possibilty. There are so many variables considered normal when you are nursing.

Now just hopeing I don't have the same probs with this baby and nursing as the last one. Why do we learn the hard way with the first? LOL

Susan
© Ask Lenore Forums