home
Hi,
I have read the protocols on this website for lacation induction. My husband and I will be adopting. At this point we are still completing our homestudy so I have time for the regular protocol. My doctor gave me my prescriptions for BCPs and domperidone. The BCP I will be taking is Micronor which is a progestin only pill. I have endometriosis and want to avoid estrogen especially since the endo is becoming more painful. Once I picked up my prescription and saw the dosage and that I will likely still get a period my concern now is that the level of progesterone in this pill will be too low for lacation induction. Would it be safe to take 2 pills/day or even 3 instead of just one? Each tab has 0.35mg of norethindrone. I have read some people have taken doses of up to 1mg of this
form of progesterone. If this is not possible would it be OK to supplement with prometrium and if so how much should I take? I have taken it during fertility treatments, 200mg at bedtime, but found it very irritating as a vaginal supplement. I had no side effects when taken orally but as soon as I missed my 1st bedtime dose my period showed promptly the next morning which made me wonder how much of it my body was actually getting by taking it that way. Thanks in advance for any help.
Kimberley I think you should email your question to Lenore and/or Dr. Newman They are usually very good at responding quickly and have the expertise to answer your question.
Laurie,
Thank you for your reply. I have emailed Lenore. The first email I sent to her email address at asklenore but it came back to me as undeliverable so I have sent another to her sprynet email address. I'll keep checking. Thanks again.
Dr. Newman's email is [email protected]
He has always answered promptly, within 24 hours usually.
Jennifer
What was their reply? I have contacted Lenore at [email protected] and she has gotten back to me same day.

Jenny
I wanted to ask for an update on this (very dated) post? I have issues also with the progesterone-only protocol, and questions about whether it's working or whether I should try an estrogen-progesterone pill even though it's not good for me to take estrogen. I emailed both Goldfarb and Newman several months ago and never got a reply. I emailed again this morning but am reaching out for other advice. as well.
© Ask Lenore Forums