home
Posted By: hvnsnt Your pumping schedule - 04/13/10 02:52 PM
On this web site (and others) it says to pump 8-12 times a day. How on earth do you do that unless you do it every 2 hours? Here is a typical day for me.

pump:

3 am
7 am
10 am
1 pm
4pm
7 pm
10 pm
total 7 times

sometimes I will pump every 2 hours in the afternoon so I can get to 8 times a day. I guess I could start to get up earlier in the morning to pump? Suggestions? I want to increase my supply. I get any where from 1/2 ounce to 1 ounce (sometimes more but rarely) our son is due in 2 weeks. I take fenugreek, blessed thistle, alfalfa, and one other herb I can't think of. I also take 120 mg of domperidone a day. I have mothers milk tea I bought but I have yet to drink it as I should (3 times a day) and I haven't been good about oat meal lately either.
Posted By: jenmarko Re: Your pumping schedule - 04/14/10 06:54 AM
I think if you can try to get up to 8 times a day, that would be good. A typical newborn will nurse every 2 hours during the day, so that is the schedule you are trying to follow. Mine would nurse every 2-2.5 hours during the day and would go longer stretches at night. The more often you pump, it tells your body you need more milk.

Good luck!
Jennifer
Posted By: hvnsnt Re: Your pumping schedule - 04/14/10 04:35 PM
I'd have to pump every 2 hours to do get 8 times a day. Do people normally get up before 7 am in order to get 8 times a day pumping every 3 hours? the protocol says you can go every 3 hours but to try to get 8-12 times a day. i can't for the life of me figure out how that's possible. I'm pumping every 2 hours today. But would prefer not to if I had a choice. once I'm not working it will be easier.
Posted By: jenmarko Re: Your pumping schedule - 04/21/10 11:41 PM
If it is possible pump every 2.5 hours. That will get you to 8 times with the one pump in the middle of the night. If it's not possible then stick with what you are doing.
Jennifer
Posted By: Rapids Re: Your pumping schedule - 05/25/10 12:35 PM
Hey, how's it going? I hear you about the pumping schedule being difficult. Before baby arrived and I was trying to build my supply I did pump 8+ times a day, typically:
2am
7am
9:30am
12:30pm
3:30pm
6pm
8:30pm
10:30pm

Sometimes I managed to pump even more! It really limited my social life, but was totally worth it. Please post an update!
© Ask Lenore Forums