home
Posted By: ethiopiamel pregnant after adoption... - 04/14/10 04:35 PM
I attempted to induce lactation for our youngest child 2 years ago and used this board quite a bit back then. Things did not go well. I never was able to pump much though I was 100% committed to the protocol for almost a full year...about 1 ounce per 24 hours was all. Baby latched but was not able to suck sufficiently..she never breastfed...
We are now pregnant...:)
I am wondering what to expect with this pregnancy. I have breastfed 2 bio children each for one year with full supply and no problems. I am worried I have "ruined" myself for breastfeeding this bio babe with the very painful pumping,minimal supply etc. of my previous experience with inducing lactation.
Anyone???
thanks!
melanie
Posted By: michelep Re: pregnant after adoption... - 04/15/10 02:57 PM
I have no advice just wanted to say Congratulations!!!
Posted By: Snickers Re: pregnant after adoption... - 04/16/10 10:00 PM
You don't say, but I'm assuming the child you attempted to induce lactation for was an adopted or surrogate child.
If that's the case, the results of that experience will not influence your ability to produce milk for this baby. After all, you are pregnant this time so your body should do what it was made to do. You stated that you were able to do it twice before with a full supply and no problems.
Hope it all works out!
Posted By: Mama2b Re: pregnant after adoption... - 04/20/10 05:53 PM
Hi Melanie,

First of all - Congratulations!!!

I would think you will be able to breastfeed with no problem this time, because you are pregnant. You might want to talk to your doctor about it. smile
© Ask Lenore Forums