home
Posted By: Janeen help with 3 month learning to nurse again. - 07/29/11 04:51 PM
I will suddenly be fostering a 3 month old. His mother has just died of cancer. He has been bottle fed but I want to breast feed him. He is two months now. It will take a month of paperwork. I am currently producing about 20 oz of milk a day. How hard is it going to be to convince him to nurse? What are the chances of sucess? 50/50?

thanks
Janeen
I answered on your other thread. Are you lactating for another baby, or did you induce?
Jennifer
I induced to help use the breast milk to help my twin sister with her cancer treatments.
Posted By: Linda Re: help with 3 month learning to nurse again. - 08/03/11 01:30 AM
Janeen,
This is a such a wonderful thing you are doing. I think that if you are patient and cuddle alot, you will be able to BF this baby. I hope your sister is doing better.
Have you found a lact aid yet?
Posted By: Linda Re: help with 3 month learning to nurse again. - 08/03/11 01:31 AM
Janeen,
This is a such a wonderful thing you are doing. I think that if you are patient and cuddle alot, you will be able to BF this baby. I hope your sister is doing better.
Posted By: Linda Re: help with 3 month learning to nurse again. - 08/03/11 01:33 AM
Janeen,
I have not found a lact aid or a a sns yet. I pick up hunter on the 13 after the funeral. I am very nervous it's what his mom wanted so much and I'm scared I wont be able to fullfill her wishes. I am producing over 20oz per day now though. and I did buy some nipple shields.
thanks for all your help
janeen
Posted By: Linda Re: help with 3 month learning to nurse again. - 08/05/11 12:54 AM
Janeen,

Sorry that it tripled posted.

So you knew Hunter's mom? Was she a close friend? I am sure that with patience and perseverance and love, you will do great with BF. Was Hunter BF before his mom passed away? He will need all the love and comfort you can give him; BF sounds like a perfect fit for this little guy.

btw, 20 oz is fantastic. When I measured with my DD I never had that much. Pumping is way different than BF. Pumps pump you, babies milk you. The later is far more affective.

Maybe you should buy direct from the lact aid site. You can also find them on ebay on occasion. Have you contacted La leche league?

hoping/praying for you
Linda
I don't think you'll even need a lactaid with that amount of milk.
Jennifer
I am sooooo upset the dad backed out of the adoption.
There is notthing worse then empty arms.
Janeen,

I am so sorry!! You must be heartbroken!!

I'm sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself.
Jennifer
Posted By: Linda Re: help with 3 month learning to nurse again. - 08/14/11 03:52 AM
Janeen,

I am so very sorry. Don't give up hope, the father might turn around and change his mind again.
This little guy needs you
© Ask Lenore Forums