home
Posted By: Tobin's Panicking - no meds! - 11/12/12 02:47 PM
I ordered more Dom several weeks ago, but it hasn't arrived yet. I've finally run out of pills altogether. My last one was a couple of days ago.

Until today, things went well, but now I'm getting almost no milk!

Is there anything I could do to keep my production up until new meds arrive (which I'm hopeful will be soon!)? I tried taking some of the herbs (fenugreek), but they made me really sick, so that's not an option. Also, I'm pumping as much as my schedule will allow, but it's still slipping!

I wasn't doing so well to begin with. I don't want to be moving backwards!!
Posted By: Colette Re: Panicking - no meds! - 11/12/12 03:11 PM
Can you have a doctor write you a script for Domperidone? You then can have it filled at a compound pharmacy? I hear it only takes 2 days to fill.

Posted By: Tobin's Re: Panicking - no meds! - 11/12/12 05:43 PM
I haven't been able to get anyone in my area to fill it. Online was the only way I could get them. I'm about a week past their estimated date, so I really, really hope they'll be here soon.
Posted By: randnmom Re: Panicking - no meds! - 11/12/12 07:41 PM
Do you have a Medicine Shoppe near you? That is where I get mine.
Posted By: Tobin's Re: Panicking - no meds! - 11/13/12 05:09 PM
Hmm.. I'll have to look into that. I'm a little bit in the middle of nowhere.
Posted By: Tobin's Re: Panicking - no meds! - 11/14/12 02:13 PM
Update: They arrived!

My supply dropped to less than 1/2 what I was getting, even with pumping more, but at least now I can start to work back to where I was!
Posted By: Colette Re: Panicking - no meds! - 11/14/12 02:25 PM
That is good news!!

Just thought this might be helpful...

1. When I order Domperidone from InHousePharmacy.biz and just pick "Standard Shipping" I find that it takes 16 days for me to receive my package.

2. When I pay the $50 the for the "Express Mail", I receive the package in 6 or 7 days. So if you are worried about running out........pay the extra!
Posted By: jenmarko Re: Panicking - no meds! - 11/14/12 05:07 PM
Glad you got it!
Jennifer
© Ask Lenore Forums