home
Posted By: Moona Advice needed please - 07/10/14 02:40 PM
Hello All,
I hope you'll be able to give me some advice please. I am 18 days into pumping after being on dom (120mg per day) and yasmin for 3 months, and all i am getting is about 3 mls a day pumping and hand expression. I'm 33 years old, no health problems. I am taking the suggested doses of fenugreek and blessed thistle and have oatmeal 2/3 times a week. I pump on average 8 times a day including once in the night (4am). I'm using a medela symphony. i tend to find i have lots of drops left after my 20minute pump is over, which i hand express. I do the massage, stroke and shake before pumping. i'm hoping things improve, but its very very slow for me. p.s i only had very little breast changes (fuller breasts and tenderness but not a whole cup increase). my baby is already with us and is 11 months now so i dont breastfeed (he bites!!!) please help!! thank you in advance
Posted By: Moona Re: Advice needed please - 07/10/14 02:44 PM
*I still take the 120mg of dom along with the herbs and oatmeal
Posted By: Claudia Re: Advice needed please - 07/10/14 10:13 PM
You are doing all the right things! Consistency is key and it is frustrating when you don't see immediate results but know that it is worth it. Have you tried calling a local lactation consultant? I know that you say your baby bites but a lactation consultant may be able to work with both of you to find a comfortable way to nurse. Nursing your baby will provide you a lot of satisfaction outside of just the amount of milk you produce. If you aren't comfortable with that I would suggest emailing Lenore to see if she suggests a higher dose of the dom. Building a large supply doesn't happen overnight. You doing a great job. Good luck and keep us updated.
Posted By: Moona Re: Advice needed please - 07/11/14 09:49 AM
Thank you for the support Claudia, really appreciated. Lenore did email me about the dom and said they don't suggest a dose higher than 90mg as there's no evidence it's more efficient than the 90mg. i have contact with a lac consultant online but there isn't one near me who's 'open' to adoptive breastfeeding (I live in France)I will keep soldiering on. Will keep you posted.
Posted By: Moona Re: Advice needed please - 07/18/14 08:37 PM
still struggling but i managed to save 40ml in 7 days. very very slow. feeling very discouraged. the only positive thing is i've seen a few sprays during hand expression. will be a month on the 23rd since i started pumping
Posted By: Moona Re: Advice needed please - 08/14/14 10:00 AM
just a quick update. I've finally decided to wean off pumping as all i make now is 10ml per day. I tried my best but something obviously hasn't worked. I'm pumping only once a day to remove any milk and wait for the milk to dry up. Any advice on weaning off pumping would be really appreciated. (i've stopped the medication) thank you
Posted By: Nona Re: Advice needed please - 08/16/14 04:36 PM
If your getting 10 ml a day. You can go to just one pumping a day. It will dry up pretty quickly
Posted By: Moona Re: Advice needed please - 08/16/14 08:11 PM
Thank you Nona
© Ask Lenore Forums