home
Posted By: kimjimbo lact-aid bags - 08/14/07 08:47 PM
Is there anywhere other then the lact-aid site to purchase replacement bags?
Posted By: Nona Re: lact-aid bags - 08/14/07 10:16 PM
no... but you can take a baby bottle and cut a hole in the nipple.. turn the nipple down on the bottle. You can slip your lact-aid in through the nipple with the ring on the lact-aid as well. Then take the collar from the bottle and screw it down onto it. It works great with the lact-aid. This way you can save your bags for out of the house trips.
Posted By: Lalle Re: lact-aid bags - 08/14/07 11:55 PM
That's right I used that method a lot. I also used the bottle bags that you get from the store with my lact-aid. You just have to make sure your ring is on really tight.
Posted By: kimjimbo Re: lact-aid bags - 08/15/07 12:25 AM
Thanks Nona and Lalle, I'll give it a try!
Stupid question though - then do you just hold the bottle the whole time? Cause I really have to hold the squirmy Abigail for the first few minutes while she's feeding then after a while she settles down.
Posted By: Lalle Re: lact-aid bags - 08/15/07 12:55 AM
I had a little pouch like you use for the lact-aid and I just stuck it in there. Or you maybe able to stick it in your bra between your breasts.
Posted By: kimjimbo Re: lact-aid bags - 08/15/07 01:01 AM
I could make a pouch that would fit the bottle. Thanks for the tip!
Kim
Posted By: Lalle Re: lact-aid bags - 08/15/07 02:54 AM
smile That's what I did.
Posted By: Nona Re: lact-aid bags - 08/15/07 03:00 AM
Here is the link to the bottles I came up with in 2001... there are pouches with them also. I no longer have the original pictures. So this is a link to them on a site I went to years ago.But this site is NOT Protocol friendly at all. So I do not frequent there anymore. http://www.fourfriends.com/abrw/Articles/adaptations.htm
Posted By: kimjimbo Re: lact-aid bags - 08/15/07 04:41 AM
Thanks Nona,
I also use this site - but what do you mean "protocol" friendly. I have definitely found the info here more helpful but now I'm concerned that maybe I am getting mixed messages.?? Is there something I should watch for?
thanks,
Posted By: Lalle Re: lact-aid bags - 08/15/07 06:32 AM
Kimberlee they are somewhat anti bcp protocol. At least that was my experience years ago. I haven't been to that site in at least 6 years.
Posted By: Lalle Re: lact-aid bags - 08/15/07 06:41 AM
Kimberlee if you go to that site and read the perspectives section you will Dr. Jack Newman's His perspective will give you some insight into the opposite or negative perspective that the site has had in the past.
Posted By: Nona Re: lact-aid bags - 08/15/07 10:10 PM
No the site is a good site.. with a lot of useful information. They just do not like women to use the protocols. They would rather you just use the lact-aid. They are the milk is not everything .Which is right. But if you can provide milk for your little one as well why not do it? They have given all the cons as why NOT to do the protocols. They will NOT help you with questions concerning it. Where here.. if you want to go the natural route or the protocol we will try to help. They are not mean. They just make it clear they are antiprotocol
Posted By: kimjimbo Re: lact-aid bags - 08/16/07 02:00 AM
ok gotcha! I guess since I can't do the protocol because of my history with cancer I can't get too much off track.
thanks again for the tip about the bottle vs the bag. i tried it but it was a bit awkward - well then again when I used the lact-aid the first few times it was weird as well. I'll keep trying
Posted By: Lalle Re: lact-aid bags - 08/16/07 05:23 AM
Well said Nona. smile
Posted By: Nona Re: lact-aid bags - 08/16/07 08:25 AM
smile
© Ask Lenore Forums