home
Posted By: Dannik It's Working!!!! Protocol is producing milk! - 08/19/13 08:07 PM
Hello,

I am expecting twins via surrogate in late September. I started the protocol in May and am now pumping and it is working!!! I am so excited. Lots of drops are coming out of my right breast, enough to fill a syringe almost and the other breast has a little. When I started the protocol, I looked for success stories, so wanted to share mine. One of the major helps here, besides the heavy lifting domperidone, was meeting with a lactation consultant who showed me how to pump properly, how to massage my breasts - a 45 minute consult did the trick, I had been pumping unsuccessfully for a week or so and frustrated by it. She showed me how to "hand express" and stimulate milk this way, and also helped me relax about the every 3 hours pumping mandate which I found intimidating. Now I pump and hand express when I can. I hope that I make more milk and enough for my babies. It is exciting to have milk coming out. Have about a month to build up the supply. Has anyone had one breast that didn't produce as much? Any other tips or success stories would be welcome. Thank you!!!
That's great news, congrats. Keep us updated with your progress.
Usually one breast does produce more. Pictures of babies helped my letdown response. Good luck to you!
Jennifer
© Ask Lenore Forums