home
Posted By: SillySapling LactAid & Nipple Shield advice please? - 09/17/13 10:42 PM
I'm not sure this is the right forum to put this.

My request for advice is twofold:

1. How the @#$ do you get the nipple shield to stay in place? And is there a good way to get the LactAid to stay in place on it? If we weren't using the nipple shield, we'd just tape it- but the tape doesn't stick to the nipple shield. Just holding it is really difficult while also trying to get a bottle-trained baby to figure out to latch. frown

2. Any advice on getting the baby to take the nipple shield? He'll take it more readily than he'll take the breast without it- but that's not saying much.

My baby is 4 months old. We've had a tiny bit of luck getting him to take the supplement at breast, but it's still very much a struggle. frown

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Posted By: jenmarko Re: LactAid & Nipple Shield advice please? - 09/19/13 05:15 AM
1. When I used a nipple shield, I didn't have problems with it staying in place, but I wasn't using it with a lactaid, so not sure.
2. Just keep at it. My son was younger, but he only needed the nipple shield for a few weeks and then I weaned him off of it.
Jennifer
Thank you so much for your reply! smile I'm really not sure why the nipple shield is giving us so much trouble- I don't know if it's because of the lact-aid or not, but I don't see why that would cause such a problem.

© Ask Lenore Forums