home
Posted By: Linda weight, help! arrgghhh - 10/18/08 12:08 PM
Hi,

Am I the only one out there that has weight gain that refuses to come off? I worry about cutting back to much on calorie intake since it might affect milk production. I've been on domp/FG an BT for 3.5 months

Does Domp have a reputation for helping those fat cells stay put?

Any help or encouragement would be welcome
Posted By: Lalle Re: weight, help! arrgghhh - 10/18/08 02:32 PM
Many of the women here have had success with a High Protein lower carb eating plan to shed those pounds. That way you aren't limiting calories so much.
Posted By: Hapi Re: weight, help! arrgghhh - 10/21/08 09:51 PM
Hi Linda. I ahve been on Domp. for 6 months, and have been pumping for 5 months now, and have since gained 30 pounds !! That's a lot of weight gain but to be honest I am not concerning myself about it since I am more excited about almost being a mom :-)

P.S. I am hoping to lose that weight gradually once baby is here and I start nursing.

good luck.
Posted By: Cheecho Re: weight, help! arrgghhh - 10/30/08 04:37 AM
I can second this advice. I too gained about 30 pounds following the protocol. I successfully induced lactation and was able to completely breastfeed our adopted newborn. However the weight didn't seem to budge but about 15 pounds after I dropped the Dom. Our baby is now 20 months old and still nursing and I was only able to get the rest of my weight (plus some that I had prior to starting the protocol)off following a reduced carb/high protein diet and as Lalle said my milk production was not affected I think primarily due to my increased caloric intake. Good luck to you and I can tell you from experience that it will all be worth it (weight gain and all) when your baby is gazing into your eyes as she/he nurses. Hang in there!
Posted By: randa c Re: weight, help! arrgghhh - 10/31/08 12:57 PM
I am right there with you - I've been on just the accelerated protocol for just one month now (Yasmin & dom.) and have put on a good bit of weight. I know it's not the Yasmin, b/c I've been on that for years for other reasons. I am so glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this! My husband and I just ordered a series of workout videos to do together - just watching what I eat isn't cutting it. My younger sister's preganant right now and I feel like I'm going to gain more weight than she does. smile I still feel like it's totally worth it, though. Just frustrating. Thanks fo bringing this up; company is comforting.
© Ask Lenore Forums