home
Posted By: mondotty recurrent miscarriage - 03/02/05 12:02 AM
I need help understanding my recurrent miscarriages. I had a totally uneventful pregnancy (age 33) with my first child who is now 2 years old. I got pregnant on the first try with my second pregnancy (age 34) and saw a healthy heartbeat by ultrasound at 7 weeks. At a second ultrasound at 9 weeks it was discovered the baby had died unexplicably. Nothing could be seen on the ultrasound and my uterus was measuring 4-5 weeks. I had a D&C and tissue samples did not turn up anything unusual. I got pregnant again on the first try 1.5 months later and saw a healthy heartbeat by ultrasound at 7 weeks. At a subsequent ultrasound at 11 weeks, it was discovered the baby had died and was measuring 8.5 weeks. I had another D&C. I'm told it is extremely unusual for this to happen after seeing 2 healthy heartbeats at 7 weeks. I'm now 35. Also, I did not smoke or drink alcohol during any pregnancy and am not exposed to any toxic chemicals. I would like advice on which tests I should undergo and if they are likely to yeild results. Also, what are my chances of this happening again?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: recurrent miscarriage - 03/07/05 11:31 PM
I can really relate to your message.
I just had my 2nd miscarriage in 6 months last night. My dr. tested my progesterone @ 5 weeks and I was at a 30, also my HCG increased by 1.5 times in 2 days at the same time. Thursday, I began to spot-7.5 weeks. Friday, I went in for a sono and there was a heart beat @160. My dr. thought everything looked good. I then started bleeding later that day and it increased throughout the weekend with major cramping, until I miscarried on Sunday. I am 34 years old and wonder what you think. Any input that will help me when talking to my dr. would be appreciated. I am devastated and scared that I will never be able to conceive. I feel I am being punished and like there is something wrong with me. Have you gotten any answers? I also did not drink or smoke and really limited my caffeine/sweetener consumption. My dr. did say that the gestational sac was 1 week behind the fetus.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: recurrent miscarriage - 07/20/05 11:12 PM
i am 38 and with a new partner i have 5 kids which the youngest is 15 i had 2 misscarriages in the past 4 month is it because of my age or was it 2 early 2 try after the first misscarriage
© Ask Lenore Forums