home
Posted By: Anonymous Awesome Site! - 01/23/06 08:51 PM
There's a new site in town!! Come help us grow at http://bellemamas.com/forums/index.php
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Awesome Site! - 02/16/06 10:10 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about how wonderful Ask Lenore website has been. It's not, but since the title fits I thought I'd reply and just tell Lenore to keep up the great work!
Posted By: Lenore Re: Awesome Site! - 02/19/06 07:07 AM
Dear Peanut's mom,

Thank you for your generous and thoughtful remarks. Unfortunately, the above site promotes bottle feeding in a manner which contravenes the World Health Organization's Code concerning Breastmilk Substitutes (THE WHO Code). Among other things the bottle feeding forum is listed before the breastfeeding once giving the appearace that bottle feeding is superior to breastfeeding. The above site also appears to support the Ferber method of training infants to sleep through the night, a method that Ferber himself has done considerable back-tracking if you've been following the controversy in recent months.

There are other problems too numerous to mention. And therefore, as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant who is bound by the IBLCE Code of Ethics, I cannot support the above site. I'll leave the URL up for the next few days but I'll have to take it down after that in order for our site to continue to comply with the WHO Code.

Best,
© Ask Lenore Forums