home
Posted By: sdmommy another newbie - 10/17/08 10:16 PM
I have so many questions...

I am 27 and mom of 2 girls ages 8 and 3. I had TONS of milk with my oldest and breastfed for 18 months. I didn't have much with my younger daughter but my life was beyond stressful. She nursed for 6 months. My DH and I are hoping to adopt a baby due in Feb via a friend's sister. I have horrible reactions to all birth control pills I have tried and I have tried several but nothing I wouldn't deal with to induce lactation. Should I still use the pill protocol? I have 4 or 5 months supply of Ortho Trycyclen(sp) Can I start taking this or does it have to be Yasmin? I did try by just pumping for a sibling of this baby on the way a year ago and started getting sprays until my period started. It was such a let down since he was a drug baby and could have benefited greatly from my milk. This baby will more than likely be a drug baby as well so I know if I can give him/her this amazing gift the benefit would be wonderful. I am just not sure which protocol to go with and all the steps. I have read but I am hoping there might be someone out there with advise on my situation. I still have my pump in style and want to start asap. All advise is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Lalle Re: another newbie - 10/17/08 10:39 PM
Ortho 1/35 or Yasmin are the recommended. Go and read the protocols located here http://www.asklenore.info/breastfeeding/abindex.html Scroll down the Adoptive Breastfeeding section

You will get more responses too if you post in the various sections too.
Posted By: jenmarko Re: another newbie - 10/18/08 06:30 AM
I would personally do the BCP and dom for a couple months and then start pumping 4-6 weeks before the baby is due. I think it will give you the best chance of being successful. Good luck.
Jennifer
© Ask Lenore Forums