photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Helen Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks to Lenore's support and advice since 2002, I am now able to breastfeed my 3rd child, who is now 2.5 weeks old and THRIVING. She weighed 6lbs, 15oz at birth, and at her 2 week appointment (16 days old) she weighed in at 8lbs, 2oz!

I had milk supply issues with my other two children, and contacted Lenore in 2002 when my DD (2nd child) was about 7 weeks old, and started taking Domperidone. After seeing several IBCLCs, pumping, nursing honeymoons, taking herbs, and only using my breast and a lact-aid to supplement, I was never able to build a full milk supply. However, I still was able to breastfeed my baby using the lact-aid until she self-weaned at 22 months.

During this pregnancy, I contacted Lenore to see what I could proactively do. She instructed me to start taking domperidone and herbs as soon as the baby was born. I did, and byk DD is exclusively breastfed right now and thriving!

I hope this encourages someone out there who is frustrated with their milk supply. I never thought I could have a successful breastfeeding experience, but here I am, living proof! I still am consulting with IBCLC's and monitoring her growth, because I still have concerns about my supply eventually not being enough. But I will continue to do what I am doing and hope for the best. Lenore has said I will continue to build my supply, so I will take her word for it!

Thank you, Lenore!

Helen

H
Helen Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi, I wanted to post my progress now that my baby is 13 weeks old, and let everyone know that my milk production is still going well - my DD is exclusively breastfed and is thriving!

It has definitely been challenging, as I will probably always worry if she is getting enough, but I do worry less now than before.

Now I am posting questions in the breastfeeding forum unrelated to supply, which are problems that I never thought I would have, but am glad to have!

My advice to anyone who is struggling is to keep working at it. My baby nursed around the clock until about 8 weeks, and I kept thinking something was wrong because she wasn't taking a 2-3 hour break between feedings like "most" babies did, but I kept at it with the encouragement of my IBCLC and some experienced friends. Then at 8 weeks she woke up and realized that there was more to life than that. And now it gets a little easier every week.

Good luck everyone!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.