photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Texas
OP Offline
Texas
Ive been taking Reglan for 12 days now. Everything so far has went really well as far as no neg side effects from it. Well last night after taking my PM meds Including Reglan i felt jitteriness inside...kinda hard to explain...didnt really think much about it, it went away after a couple of hours. Well today with this mornings dose and herbs I felt it again!!!! So i KNOW its the Reglan, my heart meds havent ever and Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle never has either. Went and read up on Reglan and saw that its a common side effect, well i cant stand that inside jitteriness feelings, so i need to stop it. My doc wont write a script for Dom and I cant buy any of it...its just too much for our budget. Thank God a wonderfull lady at another board is giving me 125 of Dom so i wont have to take the Reglan (she talked to me about it BEFORE these symptoms started) But like i said now i KNOW i have to get off of it...what am i going to do? I CANT Afford to order Dom online at all!!! Not by myself anyway. Are there a group of ladies here that go in together to get them, spitting costs and such???? I can do it that way. Otherwise I just dont think Ill ever get my milk going. STill no milk at all from pumping and Reglan and herbs, Its so upsetting, almost feel like crying, I want to give daughter my best. Im only on Disability and get paid once and month and dh paychecks pays the bills and food. WE dont have the extra...how do yall get your dom???? Sorry, I just refuse to give this up because of money issues!!!! Thanks for any suggestions are advice in advance!!!

~Mommy to Sara (1)~
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Sarasmom can you find a more sympathetic doctor? What reasons has your doc given you for not writing a script? Has he read the info you printed out for him? It doesn't make sense he would keep you on Reglan when you are only supposed to take it for 2 weeks and the fact that you now have this going on. The dom is a better choice and actually works. Is he in a private practice or a clinic where you can speak to someone else. It sure doesn't sound like he is listening to you.
BTW my daughter was 15 mos when I went on the protocol I know you can' tdo the whole thing. But I just wanted you to know that. I used a lact-aid and herbs from day 2 and then added dom. With all of that I was producing 1/3 of her supply. We adopted her so you would most likely produce more having given birth and breastfed for a time. Hang in there. Where there is a will there is a way.
Post in the buy sell trade and see if anyone has any they are trying to get rid of as well as a lact-aid.

Last edited by Lalle; 08/30/06 10:09 PM.
Canada
L
L
Canada
Dear Sara's Mom,

It is vitally important that you discuss your symptoms with your doctor and explain that you wish to replace Reglan with domperidone. It's important for you to be monitored. Frankly it's far more costly to purchase domperidone through a compounding pharmacy in the US than it is to order online via www.globaldrug.tv. It may even be less expensive than the Reglan. But again, you need to discuss this with your doctor.

How are you able to afford the herbs? They are more expensive than the domperidone.

Another alternative is to breastfeed with the help of a supplementary feeding tube device filled with either donor milk or the milk you are currently feeding your child. It's a slower process but it does work eventually.

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
There is a woman on the adoptive breast feeding website selling 600 tabs of domp. and 3 60count bottles of goat's rue 80$ for all or 60$ for the dom and 25$ for the goats rue. That might be your best bet! heres her e-mail address and the link to the website
http://www.fourfriends.com/abrw/forum/portal/index.php?
located in buy/trade/sell
kristens_pallywally@yahoo.com
that is her e-mail address

Married to Steven Mother of Adopted Blessings Tyler 8/04 and Enrique 11/06
Induced lactation since 9/06

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.