Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8263 11/17/06 05:06 PM
S
Simona Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have start since 1 month the protocol and i am taking 4 times a day Dom.I cannot assume birth control pills so in replacement my doctor have suggested me the patches orto Evra.I already did the protocol successfully 2 years ago feeding my little one and now I want start again because other boy coming.
The problem is that all this first month my menstruations doesn' stop.I am bleeding and bleeding.My breast have gain 1 1/2 cup size and seems that everything it's working good,but I am concerned about my period that doesn't want to stop.Any suggestions?
Thanks to everybody

Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Hi Simona,

Unfortunately the Ortho Evra does not have any progesterone which is necessary to develop the milk making structures of your breasts. It's important for your doctor to understand that the birth control hormones are not for contraception, they are for your breasts.

Patches can be used if you cannot take oral contraceptives but it's important to use the correct dose and to add progesterone. Dr. Jack Newman and Dr. Christine Smillie have had some limited success with Estrogen patches (those used for menopause) 0.025 mg/day estradiol (2 such patches on each breast) changed each weekly together with Provera 10 mg three times per day which is a very large dose.

Kindly discuss this with your doctor. Do not try this on your own. You have to be monitored.

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
S
Simona Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Lenore,thanks for your suggestions.Unfortunately I am in USA now and my doctor is in Italy.He also doesn't know a lot about the inducted lactation.The problem of the regular pills is that give me heartburn as I have had the 1st time that I start the regular protocol successfully,I was making 8/10 oz daily without problems and my daughter Sofia has enjoy my milk.Now I have some month to prepare myself.Can I stop the patches starting with the pills without interrupt the domperidone or I must start from zero again?And what's the most "working" pill that you suggest?
Thanks again

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.