Next Thread
Print Thread
#9146 07/05/07 02:29 AM
K
KK Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Just wanted to introduce myself!
My name is Karen and I have been on the accelerated protocol for 6 weeks, 3 more weeks of BCP's! I am ready to go off the BCP's. We are adopting from Vietnam and have a referral for a 4 month old little boy. We are very excited and will hopefully be getting travel news in the next few weeks. I have a pump in style advance and got my herbs ready. I think I am responding well. My breasts are definetely bigger (up to a D cup) and I noticed a little discharge from them the other day! I was SHOCKED and excited. I have been lurking on the board and cannot wait to get to know others. I am so grateful for this site!

Karen

Karen
Mommy to Christopher(VN)
KK #9151 07/05/07 05:08 PM
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
Welcome Karen! I hope you come an active part of this web site smile

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Nona #9214 07/10/07 02:09 PM
A
A
Hello KK!

I also am breastfeeding ababy who we picked up from South Africa at about the same age as you will be picking up your son - ours was 5 months at time of pick up. Anyways, our breastfeeding experience has been amazing - just thought I'd let you know there are others out there if you need any support or anything!

To be honest - the hardest part was the flight over - not an easy thing to pumo while travelling so far!

Good luck to you - do you have travel dates yet?/

karyn

africa123 #9225 07/10/07 09:12 PM
K
KK Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks,
I had a BF dream last night, it was strange because it was my sister BF my baby. But I can tell what I have on my mind.
Christopher will probably be around 5 months when he comes home also. We are hoping to get travel dates soon and I am bringing my pump with me. So I should start pumping in about 2 weeks.

Karen
Mommy to Christopher(VN)

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.