photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10110 11/12/07 09:42 PM
OP Offline
This may seem weird but it's working for me!. I have made a breastfeeding baby doll looks and feels so real! and it really helps with the let down process. I bought a "Reborn Doll" on ebay which is painted like a real baby, weighted (5lbs), and has hair too she's about 19 inches real newborn features and everything! I found a way to fuse the baby doll with my Limerick pump as well as a Lactina. I placed a cylinder in the babies mouth with the suction tube in the back of it and glued it all tightly together. The suction tube comes out of the back of babies neck and the connects to my Lactina pump with a rubber stopper that I drilled a hole into in order to provide a tight closing inside the horn of the Lactina pump. Inside the cylinder I placed a flexible horn from my Limerick pump so that it still compresses as it sucks and also provides a soft texture rather than the hard plastic from the cylinder. The milk flows through the suction tube then releases into the bottle. I find it's easier to pump this way and also a little nicer than having the horn from a pump attached to me all the time. When I look down at the baby doll it feels more like nursing rather than pumping because it looks and feels so real and in result I enjoy pumping more frequently which means more milk! Anyhow.. it took no time at all so if you hate pumping and you have a doll laying around.. it's not hard to do.. it's a little weird at first but then you find it's easier because you don't have to hold a horn just the baby and it feels so much more like nursing which helped my milk production increase significantly. Well.. I just thought I would share my invention with you ladies if you have time and creativity I suggest trying it out =0)

Married to Steven Mother of Adopted Blessings Tyler 8/04 and Enrique 11/06
Induced lactation since 9/06
Richette #10111 11/12/07 10:09 PM
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
that's kind of cool. But is it hard to hold the baby and have the other horn attached? Or are you only pumping one side at a time?

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle #10113 11/12/07 10:31 PM
OP Offline
I only do one side at a time, I have a Handsfree Whisper Wear pump so I was thinking of using that on the other breast while "Nursing" the baby doll. It does not work as well as some of the other pumps I have but it helps double pump without having to hold onto it as you would a standard double pumping session. My milk flows easily with the slightest suckle so even a not so good pump works for me. I know it is weird but I've grown to enjoy the doll better than a horn.

Married to Steven Mother of Adopted Blessings Tyler 8/04 and Enrique 11/06
Induced lactation since 9/06
Richette #10114 11/13/07 04:38 AM
Denver, CO
Denver, CO
Do you have pictures of the doll? I have a reborn doll, but they cost a lot and I'm not sure what your explaining. Can you post pictures?? Thanks!

I'm tired of sticking to the sides of the horn it hurts!

Jamie

Wife of Craig since June 5th 1999
Collin 7 yrs
Bethany 5.5 yrs
Mandie 3.5 yrs
adopted Grady James 12.14.07

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.