Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Angie F Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi,

A friend of mine lead me to this group and I've spent a couple of weeks just reading topics and really enjoying discussions.

We are considering adoption. Right now, we would like to adopt internationally. We have two biological children, both nursed well and my 2 year old has just stopped. I was hoping she might nurse into the adoption process and make the transition easier but she had her own ideas about that.

My question is, has anyone successfully nursed an older baby rather than a newborn on this site? I am ready to do this if there is even a slim chance that it would work out. Any tips?

Angie F

extra helpful experienced member
oh honey it can be done! When you get your child make sure your using either the avent or playtex bottle and feed up against your bare breast. Do not let the baby hold the bottle. You can transition to the breast by running a lact-aid tube through one of the nipples held over your breast.... when the baby gets used to this... when your stop to burp you can switch the contraption for your own breast. It has been done many many times. Do you plan to do the protocol?

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
A
Angie F Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you. I am so new to this whole journey. I plan to do what it takes!! I'm just starting to learn what that means.

Angie

you have come to the right place... when you get your baby and need some help please give me a shout. I have done this before and helped others get their babies to the breast

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
A
Angie F Offline OP
OP Offline
A
This is so great! Thanks!!!

Angie

A
A
Hello!

We also adopted internationally and our son was 5.5 months when I started nursing him. He is now 19 months and we are still going strong! If you want to chat, PM with your email and I'd be happy to help however I can. Where are you thinking of adopting from and how old do you expect your new baby to be?

Good luck,
Karyn

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.