photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
J in TX Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I posted this over in the natural section, thinking herbs are natural, but then I thought this might be the better place, because I'm really inquiring about the medical protocol...

Anyway, I see a number of suppliers listed for dom, but I'm wondering where good places might be to buy the herbs, specifically, fenugreek and blessed thistle. I know I can get them at my health food store, but I'm wondering if there are cheaper places to get them online. I found one place, but they have them only in bulk (!) -- as in, a bag of powder...! I was still looking for capsules so that I can figure out dosage, but just figured there had to be cheaper places.

Alternatively, has anyone successfully used the bulk herbs? If so, how do I translate dosages into convenient measuring units (eg., tsp.) and how do I take them?

Anyone???

Thanks!
Janeen

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
I think most of us buy or have bought ours from health food stores. I know there are some online sources for buying and not just in bulk. I will see what I can find.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
B
B
Janeen ~ I got my herbs at swansonvitamins.com They shipped quickly and I got decent prices for good brands. Hope that helps!

Erin

1year on regular protocol.
Nursing/pumping for one month for our sweet girl!!
J
J in TX Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks! Those prices do look good! I found a couple of other sites during my search, too, but haven't tried them. I found Myvitanet, and herbspro. Anyone else tried either of them?

Thanks!
Janeen

N
N
I purchased some herbs from Penn Herbs. They have both capsules and bulk (I buy bulk). http://www.pennherb.com/herbs.html

Nancy

This is the best place to buy your herbs. I get mine in a gallon jug and 1000 capsules. I pay about 25 dollars for the thousand. So much cheaper than anywhere else. If you pay 8 dollars a bottle of 100 at the stores. Thats a whole lot more than I pay http://www.herbspicetea.com
Blessed Thistle 1000 for 24.83, Fenugreek 1000 for 25.35. Great prices you think?

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Idaho
Idaho
thank you for that site Nona I found another herb I have been taking for something else at a really reasonable price.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
your more than welcome.. I love this site.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
J
J in TX Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks!!!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.