Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11183 07/23/08 09:37 PM
E
OP Offline
E
I started taking the fenugreek about 2.5 weeks ago. I do not smell like maple?! I have seen NO increase in my mild production(actually a decrease..if that even could be possible with the miniscule amount I am making?!)
Can I stop the fenugreek or should I keep trying it? melanie (frustrated and tired pumper!!)

Melanie (mom to 3 boys and our baby girl waiting for us in Ethiopia)
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Melanie everything with the protocol takes time I would not stop the fenugreek and just keep pumping regularly. Hang in there, I know it is hard. It will be so worth it in the long run.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle #11188 07/23/08 11:31 PM
So. Cal.
So. Cal.
I still don't smell either. I started taking the Fenugreek on July 4. And I still am making less than 1/2 oz. per 24 hours. But it increases a little bit every day. Hang in there Melanie!!! I gave up with my first adoption and I have regretted it every single day since.

Mama to 4 sons & 1 daughter: Carlos/Rafael/Loran b/d. 3-9-05; & earth angels Xavier b. 12-3-06 & Ivy b. 7-29-08
Preg. Loss & Child Death Support.
E
OP Offline
E
thanks...I just thought I should be smelling sweet by now! I am most definitly NOT giving up...I will keep taking the fenugreek. I am hoping to be in Ethiopia in the next 5-6 weeks to meet our new daughter and hopefully even though she will be about 5 months by then she will latch. I need and want to keep going at least until I know if she will latch or not!

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
Are you taking fenugreek capsules or drinking tea? I have heard that the tea is not strong enough a dose to give you the maple smell and to have enough of an effect on milk supply.
Jennifer

E
OP Offline
E
I am taking 9 capsules a day..melanie

E
E
I only smell a slight smell in my arm pits. Nothing more.

B
B
Hi! I'm new here and have a 7 week old baby boy. I started nursing when he was 4 weeks and started the Fenugreek (9 per day) and blessed thistle (9 per day) then, too. I don't smell either. However, I found in the health food store a liquid fenugreek, and I spelled immediately. The lady at my health food store said there is also a one-a-day pill. Which one should we be taking? I'm still not getting any milk, but didn't do the domperidone yet, either, since we got the call about our boy the day he was born. I'm just now ordering it, hoping it will do the trick. Should I keep up with the herbs until then? I use the lact-aid system when nursing.
Thanks!
Becky

Idaho
Idaho
I would keep taking the herbs while you wait for Dom. The pills 3 times daily are better as they keep the level in your system balanced.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle #11242 08/01/08 01:53 PM
H
H
Don't be frustrated Melanie. I have been taking the fenugreek for more than 2 weeks already and am not smelling like maple AT ALL. Oh, and my milk production is still the same darn 2oz. per day. I've been pumping for almost 3 months now, so I think we're not all the same, and some of us have bodies that work faster.

I have faith it will all eventually work out and my body will produce more milk, it's just not that fast.

Hang in there. Hope the 5 weeks fly by and you have your baby girl in your arms already.

Good luck.

Hapi
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.