photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks everyone for your input!!!! I don't want to do it as quickly as the weekly thing because I want it to resemble the "natural" very gradual decrease in supply as a toddler nurses less and less as they grow. I guess I am going to proceed with dropping a pill a month till I'm off it or Maisie shows upset. I just want her to be able to nurse into childhood like my bios did, without all this dom (ps, I'm hoping to shed the dom weight/hunger).
Hang in there Nona...you can make it another month!!! ( I, too, remember the almost unbearable nursing thru my 2nd preg).
Thanks again ladies,

Proud Mama of 2 Homegrown Sons, 7 & 9 yrs and our adopted princess bn 2/07
Proud wife of 11 yrs

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Hi africa123,

I am encouraged by your post that the weight comes off. I've been trying to maintain my milk supply for our daughter ( 4 months) and cut back a little on the calories. It hasn't worked a bit, except compromise my milk a bit. It's worth it for her though. I'll stay the course.
Fat plumps up those unwanted wrinkles after all.

H
H
Originally Posted By: Linda
Fat plumps up those unwanted wrinkles after all.

Exactly how I feel after gaining all this weight :-D

Last edited by Hapi; 10/29/08 10:36 AM.

Hapi
M
OP Offline
M
Hi Africa123,
I somehow missed your post!!!
Thanks for the ray of light!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is such great news! And from someone in the exact same boat! Thank you so much!

I'm glad it's working so well for you. I agree that Maisie's nursings are 90% emotional/comfort based...so the milk isn't as important right now. I dropped a pill today...so here goes the weaning off dom mission....I'll keep you ALL posted.
Thanks again everyone!

Proud Mama of 2 Homegrown Sons, 7 & 9 yrs and our adopted princess bn 2/07
Proud wife of 11 yrs

A
A
Hi Mindy,

No problem! How's it going for you? Any luck weaning off the dom?

I just wanted to offer advice/support for those worried about the weight and still nursing - if possible, just try and let it go for now - easier said than done I know! It's just that breastfeeding time is SO short in the grand scheme of things...and I know I wasted a lot of time/effort/money (WW) worrying about it. And honestly, once I stopped the dom it came off without much effort...Hang in there!

Karyn

E
E
I guess I did it all wrong, but I weaned myself off the dom withing 2 weeks...oops...doesn't seem to have been a problem for me though.
I have NOT had any luck with dropping the 15# I gained during the protocol...is hasn't just "fallen off" as it seems it has for others. But why would anything on this protocol be easy for me?? ha ha!!
melanie

Melanie (mom to 3 boys and our baby girl waiting for us in Ethiopia)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.