Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1419 05/21/03 03:39 PM
S
Shirley Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone has used natural progesterone/ estrogen creams instead of the bcp for the protocol. I'm currently using natural progesterone for perimenopausal symptoms with good success and would prefer not to stop using it. These natural forms of progesterone/estrogen may not achieve the same response as I believe the progesterone and estrogen used in the bcp is synthetic and doesn't behave exactly the same as the natural forms. Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciate. All the best to all of you! Shirley

M
M
Hi Shirley.

I used a natural progesterone cream with a natural estrogen supplement (soy milk I think). I upped my dosage of the cream and took it continuously instead of on specific days. It did not work for me unfortunately. I could not use the bcp so I just pumped and took motilium. Hope this helps.

Melanie, adoptive mom of a nursing 12mod and a non-nursing 8yob : )
(a new user who has been lurking for a while)

E
E
Hi Shirley,

I've been on the protocol for a year with Yasmin and just switched to estrogen cream and progesterone pills due to my doctor suggesting this would be more natural and just as effective, hopefully. I've just been on it several days but, thus far, have increased breast changes from when I was on Yasmin. Let me know what you find out!

Erin

Last edited by ErinKP; 05/26/13 08:07 AM.
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
Erin,
This thread is 10 years old, so you are unlikely to hear from them.
Jennifer

Canada
L
L
Canada
Some mothers are finding success with progesterone cream however it's important that the dosage delivered transdermally is equivalent to the recommendations in the protocols. Kindly note we no longer recommend the combination estrogen/progesterone pill to women over 35. If you are over 35 we recommend a progesterone-only preparation. This is not the mini-pill because the meds are not used for contraception but rather to develop the milk making structurs of your breasts. Kindly consult with your doctor or email me directly for more information at [email protected]

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.