Page 2 of 2 1 2
Texas
G
Gnusgal Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Texas
Good idea. I'll try emailing her again.

I bought some goat's rue and plan to ask my OB/GYN to make sure it's safe before I take it. I also have the More Milk Plus and my hospital grade pump all ready to go. My last BCP will be tomorrow. So I guess I'll start pumping on Tuesday. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. smile

Niki in TX
IM expecting TWINS 7/2/09 (or sooner)
matched with a WONDERFUL GS!
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
I suggest the herbs in capsule The tincture doesn't have enough. Fenugreek 3caps 3x daily and Blessed Thistle same 3 caps 3x daily. That is per Lenore's instruction.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Texas
G
Gnusgal Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Texas
I have the More Milk Plus capsules. Will that not work?

Also, On the bottle it says 1 cap 4x daily. Should I do the 3 caps 3x daily instead?

Niki in TX
Illinois
J
J
Illinois
More milk has some fenugreek, but not as much as taking it individually. I would add in the fenugreek 3 caps 3x day.
Jennifer

Idaho
Idaho
I agree smile

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Texas
G
Gnusgal Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Texas
Thanks! I'll stop by Central Market tomorrow and pick up some fenugreek, then.

Just wanted to update. Today was my first day of herbs and pumping... I didn't really expect anything, but actually got several drops out of each breast (more from the right than the left)! I was very pleasantly surprised! smile

And I'm thinking it's my imagination, but my breasts have been tingling off and on today. Hopefully this is a good sign?

Thanks again for all the advice! smile

Niki in TX
LOL no its not your imagination. Your breasts are kicking in gear for production. Tingling is good smile

Last edited by Nona; 01/30/09 12:59 AM.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Texas
G
Gnusgal Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Texas
Just a little update... I've been pumping for one week and I'm up to 1.5 oz a day. At this rate, I'm confident I'll be good to go when my babies arrive. It's such a relief to know that even without the domperidone I can do this! smile

Niki in TX
Texas
G
Gnusgal Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Texas
New update... My OB has had me stop all herbs because I started having heart palpitations. I am hoping that stopping the herbs will take care of it, but not lower my supply. I am up to 2.5 oz per day.

I've noticed that I produce almost twice as much on the right side than I do on the left. Anyone have any tricks for stimulating more milk from the lower producing side?

Niki in TX
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.