Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#12524 03/19/09 12:09 AM
FL, USA
M
OP Offline
M
FL, USA
Hi every one... Our sweet little boy arrived and things are great. The breast feeding is going great. I do supplement some. It is usually in the morning and before bed at night when i can't seem to satisfy him. I do have alot of breastmilk from pumping so its great to have that to supplement with. I actually got to see him be born, cut the cord and stay with him in the hospital. We have been truly blessed with another sweet little spirit from heaven...and blessed to have found this site and to be able to nurture this child. Thanks to everyone for all your help.

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Congratulations! Wonderful to hear you are able to BF and bond with your little guy.

extra helpful experienced member
Awwww congrats!!! I am so happy for you!

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Illinois
J
J
Illinois
Congratulation!
Jennifer

Idaho
Idaho
Congratulations and Welcome Baby Colton. smile

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
#12545 03/26/09 04:01 PM
Canada
L
L
Canada
Great news Morningstar! As far as the supplementing is concerned, some moms try cluster feeding in the evening....feeding more often. Our milk supply goes according to our circadium rhythm with more in the AM than the PM. Babies stomaches digest breastmilk efficiently and so they are often hungry about 90 minutes after feeding which tends to work out to 1 1/2 to 3 hours between the start of each feeding.

Thank you for sharing and please keep us up to date on your progress.

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Canada
L
L
Canada
Message for Stellaf.

Lalle has asked you a few times to share your story. Please don't take this the wrong way but we have had representatives promoting "articles" in the past who were not actual mothers interested in breastfeeding. This forum supports breastfeeding moms and we would be happy to assist you if this is what you are looking for. Otherwise, kindly respect the needs of the other moms on this site and promote your "articles" elsewhere.

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
FL, USA
M
OP Offline
M
FL, USA
Colton turned 6 weeks!
Things are great. I really have to try and increase my production in order to keep up with him however. My 4 mth suppply of breastmilk is going rapidly. He always seems to need just one more ounce to make him happy. I have the lactaid but have only used it once.
He has no problem with nipple confusion so the bottle is a quick fix ..
I really don't want to have to rely on bottles....
That messes up the whole point of what i have worked so hard for.
I have increased my fluids....still on the dom and fenugreek tree 3x a day etc..
Any more suggestions?

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Hi,

Just want to encourage you. I really think that using the lact aid will help. The MORE stimulation, the better. With my DD I did the rapid protocol, starting when she was 9 days old. I used the medela at first for stimulation. When my milk started coming in after that month, I would nurse from both sides, then with the medela. I too was worried that DD wasn't getting enough but she was.
At 5 plus months I was able to suppliment a bottle at night ( could see to use the lact aid!) and EBF.
For me, using the lact aid was more towards the goal than using a bottle. It wasn't too hard after a few times of practice, you can even use medical tape to keep the tube in place.

Making sure you are getting enough sleep and not STRESSING about your milk supply really helps. You need to relax and enjoy your time with Colton, irregardless of if you think you have enough milk or not. I found that attitude really made the difference for me.

BTW, DD is 9.5 months and is doing GREAT. Still BF and SO glad that I could!
press on

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
ooops. I meant to write at 3 plus months, NOT 5 plus months.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.