photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Hello, I am new and am following the normal protocol. I have breastfed my 4 children (biological). This time we are going to be welcoming a new member to the family by way of adoption and if at all possible i will be breastfeeding him/her too.

I started the protocol, but I am experiencing nausea..this is my 3rd day on the Yasmin and the Dom. I am 46 years young, perhaps my body being peri-menopausal is not taking well to the hormones ?? ...and am wondering if this is going to subside and if indeed it is one of the side effects... any opinions? Thanks

Last edited by aliciav63; 05/05/09 06:33 PM.
Toronto, Ontario
Toronto, Ontario
I've heard that taking the Yasmin at night before bed makes it less likely you'll feel nauseous.
Also it's possible if you stick it out that you'll start to feel better in a few days as your body adjusts to the hormones.

Mom of bio kids Joel 22, Elliot 19, Marya 13 and Talitha 5 (adopted from Haiti at age 10 months) Hoping for a match with an infant under a year from Children's Services starting in early 2009.
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Alicia welcome! I am 46 years young too smile
The Yaz/Dom combo is used to mimic a pregnancy so it is a bit like having morning sickness which is caused by the changing hormones.
Talithasmom is right taking your Yaz at night might help also make sure that you eat a bit of protein when you feel nauseous that can help. A string cheese, a hand full of peanuts or some other source of protein. It worked for me during pregnancy so it should help in this instance too.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks so much to both of you. I am feeling a little better seems to be OK...I just am going to have to be patient. I haven't really mentioned this breastfeeding plan to any friends because they are probably going to think I have lost my mind, so no support there, but my husband is supportive. I am so glad I found this forum to ask and share with others that have the same desire.

B
B
Just wanted to let you know that I, too, didn't talk about my protocol but once I was out there breastfeeding and other moms found out my son was adopted the unanimous(sp?) was one of surprise and awe that it could be done. Most everyone thought it was awesome.

The only negative response I ever got was from my OB (I had a bio kid before I adopted) and he seemed to feel that since I'd never have a full supply it was a waste of time and that dom was a doomsday pill (my interpretation of his response). I took the dom, btw, for almost two yrs without incident (other than milk).

Keep up the great work!

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I also got a lot of support and surprise that adoptive bf was possible. My doctor was supportive and prescribed the dom. I have had a lot of medical professionals since that thought it was awesome that I was able to bf our daughter. I have been on the dom for 2 years and will wean off soon, but then I will start the protocol again because we plan to adopt again.
Jennifer

A
OP Offline
A
HI, ALL, I HAVE NOW BEEN ON THE PROTOCOL 19 DAYS..AND I AM STILL SO VERY NAUSEOUS. SOME OF YOU WERE KIND ENOUGH TO REPLY AND GAVE ME A FEW GOOD IDEAS SUCH AS TAKING IT AT NIGHT (THE YAZMIN) BUT NOTHING APPEARS TO HELP ..I SPENT THE LAST 2 DAYS VOMITING EVERY TIME I EAT. I AM SO SAD...I REALLY WANT THIS TO WORK BUT THE NAUSEA JUST ISN'T GETTING ANY BETTER...I CANNOT TAKE THE NAUSEA ANYMORE AS IT IS AFFECTING ME IN MY ABILITY TO WORK AND DO OTHER THINGS NOW...I AM SO SAD....

Last edited by aliciav63; 05/18/09 07:42 PM.
Idaho
Idaho
Alicia maybe you should switch to the Ortho 35 and see if that helps.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.