Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#12639 05/15/09 05:33 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi,

I just started the protocol after trying to induce lactation naturally with no success. I had been pumping every 3 hours for the last 3 months, and took EVERY herb to help that you can think of.

So now I am not pumping, and just started the protocol of Yasmin/Dom. Someone please tell me this is going to work! Is there anybody who the protocol did not work for?

Thanks,
Dawn

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Hi Dawn,

I started the accelerated protocol 10 days after my DD was born. I didn't have high speed access at the time, so I had no idea that there was a message board out there, so I had no info other than what was on the asklenore site.

First day off the BCP, I had drops of milk. I was so jazzed! I was using the SNS every time I BF my daughter and I slowly build up milk production. I did get majorly frustrated with the SNS and with the new high speed internet, found out that lact aid was out there as well. With the increased stimulation that the lact aid provides, I was able to achieve a full supply.
Something to note, I was 46 when I started. : )

So, at least for me, the protocol worked GREAT.

Georgia
L
L
Georgia
I was curious about why you preferred the lact aid over the SNS. I am adopting with a due date of May 29th. I was given an SNS, but if the lact-aid is better I need to order one. Please leave feedback on the differences between the two. Hope I don't start a debate:).

Lisa<><
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Linda,

The encouragement is what I needed. grin

Thanks so much,
Dawn

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I also got a full supply doing the protocol. We had no notice, so I started pumping the day we were placed with our daughter and I caught up to her need within 2 weeks. She has been exclusively bf ever since.

I've heard lots of people who had no success until they added in the domperidone. Good luck!
Jennifer

Idaho
Idaho
Lisa the SNS is free flow while the lact-aid makes baby work a little harder for milk. So there is more stimulation with the lact-aid. Lact-aid has a soft pouch SNS a hard bottle and I believe the tubing is different as well. Most women who have used both prefer the lact-aid.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Georgia
L
L
Georgia
Thanks for the reply. I checked the lact-aid out online. I did not know about the free flow with the SNS. It would seem that with more stimulation more milk would be produced. After 2 and 1/2 weeks of pumping, i got milk in the bottle yesterday. Not much, but some:) Thanks for your help.

Just a side note, a friend is producing more then her baby can eat, so she is giving me her extra supply!!!! Hopefully little Josiah will be supplemented with breast milk!!!

Lisa<><
Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Hi Lisa,

I started with the SNS. I found it pretty frustrating, the flow would go with out DD sucking, I would drench my shirt and not know it.
I found she like the flow from the SNS better than nursing from me, that made it hard.

I finally bought a lact aid from a gal on this forum when my DD was 2 months old and our son brought it here to Bolivia. After a few tries I was sold.

One issue though, is that it works BEST if the milk ( either breast or formula) is strained through a wet paper towel first. Other wise the tube can become clogged. There were times of frustration for both DD and myself when the tube had clogged with the SNS and I was not aware of the problem.

If I had a way to send it to the U.S. I would give you my lact aid, I don't use it anymore and I have 100 bags that go with the 2 lact aid devises.

I could try and sent it by post, but there would be no guarantee it would arrive. Most likely it would...

I would love to have someone benefit from it.
grace

Georgia
L
L
Georgia
That would be great. I sent you a PM.

Lisa<><
Idaho
Idaho
There is supposed to be a strainer that goes with the funnel for filling. I would contact lact-aid and see about getting it replaced.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.