Next Thread
Print Thread
#13167 01/25/10 01:04 PM
J
jlmark Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi,
I recently started the accelerated protocol so I am currently taking Yasmin and Domperidone. Before I got on the accelerated protocol, I bought some Goat's Rue tincture. Does anyone know if it would be ok to take the Goat's Rue now in addition to the Yasmin since the Goat's Rue is supposed to help develop mammary tissues? I appreciate any advice.

We have a surrogate mother carrying our baby and she is due in 3-1/2 weeks.

Thanks!
Jennifer

jlmark #13169 01/25/10 04:34 PM
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I wouldn't add the goats rue in if you are on the Yasmin, but I don't know for sure. You could e-mail Dr. Newman or Lenore to see what they say.
Jennifer

jenmarko #13173 01/26/10 12:04 AM
J
jlmark Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks, I will ask her and let you know what I find out.

Jennifer

jlmark #13176 01/26/10 08:51 PM
J
jlmark Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Lenore said that it wasn't necessary to take the Goat's Rue if I was on the Yasmin and Domperidone.

Jennifer

M
M
My surrogate baby is due in just over 10 weeks. I REALLY want to breastfeed. My GP is currently doing some research as to whether she will be able to prescribe motilium (domperidone) for me, but I have stockpiled some fenugreek and blessed thistle.

I bought the Medela In Style Advanced double electric breast pump, and while I am waiting on my GP getting back to me though it might be a good idea just to start pumping to get my breasts ready? - don't know if I'm doing the right thing or not. Should I be taking the fenugreek and the blessed thistle now, or should I wait until I start producing something/anything?

I have looked at the protocols and they do look amazing, but my doctor won't give me the BCP before of raised blood pressure, so the best I can hope for is domperidone + herbs and the worst scenario is just pumping and herbs.

If I pump religiously for 10 weeks and take the herbs (and hopefully the domperidone too) do you think that is long enough to get any milk in to the feed the wee one. Obviously I'm hoping that once she starts feeding, her natural suckling and feeding will be the best way to bring my milk supply fully in.

I'm also going to buy some medela SNS so that I can have skin to skin and breast feed immediately baby is born.

Any advice gratefully received. I'd hate to think that all those hours spent pumping would just be a waste of time, but I had heard that some people can induce lactation just pumping alone and thought it had to be worth a try.

Thanks in advance for your advice - any of which will be gratefully received

Last edited by MrsMul; 01/27/10 12:58 PM.
H
H
If you are in the US you aren't very likely to be able to get it since it's illegal (although up till a few months ago we had a place here that was making it) you can get it here though with out a prescription and often it's cheaper since it's not covered by ins. (Motilium is the name brand, Domperidone is the generic version of motilium)

http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/general/motilium.html

As far as not being on BCP and going straight to a pumping schedule. YOu can definitely try but You are more then likely going to have to supplement with donated breast milk or formula because with out being on the BCP/dom combo you may not produce enough to feed your LO with just your breast (if that makes sense). I'm not sure if 10 weeks is sufficient or not and you might need something like Goats rue to build up breast tissue.

I think that considering you can't be on the BCP you are doing the best thing that you can do with what you have. Good luck.

Idaho
Idaho
Motillium is not illegal it just isn't approved for lactation and they manufacture something else for digestion that motillium could be used for instead. I have heard of compounding pharmacies making it but it is expensive so most order it. You can order from the above site or try www.clickremedy.com

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.