photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13373 04/14/10 04:35 PM
E
OP Offline
E
I attempted to induce lactation for our youngest child 2 years ago and used this board quite a bit back then. Things did not go well. I never was able to pump much though I was 100% committed to the protocol for almost a full year...about 1 ounce per 24 hours was all. Baby latched but was not able to suck sufficiently..she never breastfed...
We are now pregnant...:)
I am wondering what to expect with this pregnancy. I have breastfed 2 bio children each for one year with full supply and no problems. I am worried I have "ruined" myself for breastfeeding this bio babe with the very painful pumping,minimal supply etc. of my previous experience with inducing lactation.
Anyone???
thanks!
melanie

Melanie (mom to 3 boys and our baby girl waiting for us in Ethiopia)
Colorado
M
experienced member
experienced member
M
Colorado
I have no advice just wanted to say Congratulations!!!

Michele
Mommy to Danielle born 5/30/08 and Brady born 12/26/10
S
S
You don't say, but I'm assuming the child you attempted to induce lactation for was an adopted or surrogate child.
If that's the case, the results of that experience will not influence your ability to produce milk for this baby. After all, you are pregnant this time so your body should do what it was made to do. You stated that you were able to do it twice before with a full supply and no problems.
Hope it all works out!

M
M
Hi Melanie,

First of all - Congratulations!!!

I would think you will be able to breastfeed with no problem this time, because you are pregnant. You might want to talk to your doctor about it. smile

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.