photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13520 06/15/10 05:11 PM
newbie Offline OP
OP Offline
I am in my 1st week of the protecol so I am only taking 10mg 4 times a day. Did any of you experience diarrhea! Increased motility is an understatement. Did it go away? I wonder if this gets worse when I increase to 20mg 4 times a day. I started getting a nagging slight headache but that seems to have stopped.

thanks

New Mexico
New Mexico
The headache's are part of the very minimal side effects (for me anyway), nothing Tylenol can't take care of, it does say in the side effects on inhousepharmecey.com for dom, that headaches are common. As for the diarrhea, that is a very good question.. I have never put two and two together lol. I did notice I started losing weight from the frequent bathroom stops and it has eased up but my metabolism has kicked into high gear which is something that I needed either way. I hope more mommies on here can give more feedback because I certainly would like to know. So thank you newbie for asking and best of luck to you on your breastfeeding journey =)

Proud Mama to my precious adopted blessings Zariah Sept 17 2008 Mateo born Feb. 3rd 2010
J
J
I did have a few headaches when I first started taking dom but it seems to have stopped now. I lost 5 lbs. in the first 6 weeks of being on dom and pumping, which is great because I've been trying to lose those 5 lbs for 10 years. So far I have been very pleased with the dom and herbs combination on my accelerated protocol. I hope that your symptoms ease soon, too. Best of luck to you!

newbie Offline OP
OP Offline
I do think the headaches are pretty much gone. I hope I lose weight like you two. Atleast there is hope, I'm happy to have have people to turn to.
Thanks,
Tracy

S
S
Yes. You are corect about the diarrhea. I have been on the regular protocol for about 9 1/2 weeks. (20mg of Dom 4X/day)I cannot remember when I have gone to the bathroom normal. Not to be too graphic, but I have diarrhea every time I use the bathroom. I could not believe that this wasn't a bigger complaint on these message boards. It is really starting to effect my day to day activities. I was hoping when I start pumping in a few weeks that this would stop. Then I remembered that I will have to continue the Dom throughout my breast feeding. I am hoping that I will be able to wean off of the Dom eventually because I don't think I can do this for the next year!

newbie Offline OP
OP Offline
Snickers - I have been thinking the same thing. I seem to do better if I take the dom without a meal. Like 2 hours before eating. The urgency to get to the bathroon will be a real drawback if it lasts after the baby is nursing. I was reading the thread about weaning or reducing dom and it doesn't sound promising. Let me know if it gets better once you start pumping. I still have a month and a half before I start pumping. Good Luck!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.