photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13819 09/06/10 08:51 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Has anyone had any success without pumping? I have been pumping for a little over a week, and while I am seeing results, it is EXTREMELY difficult with a 2 and 3 year old to care for. I am thinking of continuing the domperidone and then just putting baby to breast with a supplementer when she gets here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated smile

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
I induced from day 9 of my DD life. I did not pump. After the 30 days of BC and dom, I put her to breast with the SNS. After being frustrated with that system and not feeling like the stimulation was helping me produce more milk, I switched to the lact aid. MUCH better.
I did occasionally pump to see the amount I was producing, but didn't feel it was accurate compared to the amount DD was receiving from me by nursing.
I did increase my dom and saw a marked increase of milk supply at 3 months.

I was able to produce more than 90% of her needs and EBF till she was 14 months.

hope that helps!

L
OP Offline
L
AWESOME!!! Thank you so much! Just the encouragement I need! Like I said, I have a 2 and 3 year old and I just didn't feel right taking approx. 4 hours a day to pump. Once the baby is here they will receive less attention as it is. I would like to enjoy this time while I can. Do you think I should start the hormone again or just keep taking the dom? I sincerely appreciate your encouragement and advice!

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I didn't pump the first time until my DD arrived (she was a stork drop). I did pump for the first week, and then continued to pump after feeding sessions for the next week. After that I only pumped a few times a day (2-3). I got up to ebf by two weeks of age and ebf until 18 months.

This time I just pumped for 10 days before babies arrival. I got up to ebf by 3 weeks after baby was born.

I would stay on the bcp's and domperidone until you are ready to either start bf or pumping.

Jennifer

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.