Next Thread
Print Thread
#14034 03/14/11 07:36 PM
Michigan, USA
D
OP Offline
D
Michigan, USA
So, I just want to make sure that I am understanding correctly. It seems from some of the posts that Ortho produces better results than Yaz. Is this the case and if so, do I ask for Ortho, or is there more to the name? I see my Dr. on Friday to show her the protocol and hopefully get started. Just want to have all of my ducks in a row. Any input would be appreciated.

Kim

doulagirl #14037 03/17/11 04:32 AM
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I used the Yaz (and this time the generic of it), but I think the ortho is the one that is recommended. I would e-mail Lenore to double check. She is good at responding to e-mails.
Jennifer

jenmarko #14041 03/22/11 11:57 AM
Michigan, USA
D
OP Offline
D
Michigan, USA
Jennifer,
I just realized that the recommendation is for Yasmin, not Yaz. Did you use Yaz and it worked? My Dr. approved the protocol and actually gave me Yaz from her samples. Now I am worried that I can't use it. I guess I thought that Yaz and Yasmin were the same thing...oops! Can you respond and let me know?

Thanks,

Kim

doulagirl #14043 03/22/11 04:08 PM
Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I used Yasmin. Sorry. I don't know about the comparability. I would suggest e-mailing Lenore.
Jennifer

jenmarko #14102 04/09/11 04:10 PM
Texas
T
T
Texas
The key difference between Yaz and Yasmin is the amount of estradiol (a type of estrogen) they have. Yaz has less and Yasmin has more. The other difference is the number of inactive pills they have. Yaz has 24 active + 4 inactive (sugar) pills. Yasmin has 21 active + 7 inactive pills. The point of fewer inactive pills is to make your monthly withdrawal bleed less bothersome with fewer cramps, and to help reduce acne. There may be impacts on the protocol related to the hormone levels, but I don't know. The upshot for people on the protocol, since we "stack" our pills and don't do the inactive week, is that with Yaz you get 3 extra active pills in each pack and that means you can go just a tiny bit longer between refills.

Sault Ste Marie, Mi
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
Did anyone get the severe nausea from the yasmin, I am a week into the protocol, and feel severely nauseated and tired.

Somtimes the best gift God can give is patience
Texas
T
T
Texas
I had a very hard time adjusting to Yasmin when I was on it previously (not for the protocol) so I used Yaz when I was on the protocol. I had nausea and mood swings until I got used to it. After that, if I missed a dose or was more than about two hours late taking a dose I had all those side effects again for a day or two. Hang in there... a week or two and you should be used to it.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.