Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14119 04/11/11 04:17 PM
C
Ceoline Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I started inducing by pumping two weeks ago. I am now 7 days late and am not pregnant. Can nipple stimulation make your period go AWOL?

I switched to the accelerated protocol today because we hope to travel within the next month and while I've seen changes in my breasts, there's no milk.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

Ceoline

C
C
I never had period when I was pumping.

Texas
T
T
Texas
I've been without a period since I went on the protocol, aside from the (small) withdrawal bleed I had after going off the BCPs.

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I breastfed my first daughter for 18 month and didn't have my period until I stopped.

I've been bf my second daughter for 8 months and haven't gotten it.

It is very normal to not get your period.

Did you start taking the domperidone before you started pumping? That is usually what makes the most difference in getting some milk.

Jennifer

C
Ceoline Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yes, I started Dom about two weeks ago and then added Yasmin yesterday.

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
If you added the Yasmin, you should stop pumping to let the breast tissue develop. Start pumping when you stop the bcp's.
Jennifer

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.