Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Reno area of Nevada
J
Janeen Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Reno area of Nevada
I will suddenly be fostering a 3 month old. His mother has just died of cancer. He has been bottle fed but I want to breast feed him. He is two months now. It will take a month of paperwork. I am currently producing about 20 oz of milk a day. How hard is it going to be to convince him to nurse? What are the chances of sucess? 50/50?

thanks
Janeen

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I answered on your other thread. Are you lactating for another baby, or did you induce?
Jennifer

Reno area of Nevada
J
Janeen Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Reno area of Nevada
I induced to help use the breast milk to help my twin sister with her cancer treatments.

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Janeen,
This is a such a wonderful thing you are doing. I think that if you are patient and cuddle alot, you will be able to BF this baby. I hope your sister is doing better.
Have you found a lact aid yet?

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Janeen,
This is a such a wonderful thing you are doing. I think that if you are patient and cuddle alot, you will be able to BF this baby. I hope your sister is doing better.

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Janeen,

Reno area of Nevada
J
Janeen Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Reno area of Nevada
I have not found a lact aid or a a sns yet. I pick up hunter on the 13 after the funeral. I am very nervous it's what his mom wanted so much and I'm scared I wont be able to fullfill her wishes. I am producing over 20oz per day now though. and I did buy some nipple shields.
thanks for all your help
janeen

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Janeen,

Sorry that it tripled posted.

So you knew Hunter's mom? Was she a close friend? I am sure that with patience and perseverance and love, you will do great with BF. Was Hunter BF before his mom passed away? He will need all the love and comfort you can give him; BF sounds like a perfect fit for this little guy.

btw, 20 oz is fantastic. When I measured with my DD I never had that much. Pumping is way different than BF. Pumps pump you, babies milk you. The later is far more affective.

Maybe you should buy direct from the lact aid site. You can also find them on ebay on occasion. Have you contacted La leche league?

hoping/praying for you
Linda

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I don't think you'll even need a lactaid with that amount of milk.
Jennifer

Reno area of Nevada
J
Janeen Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Reno area of Nevada
I am sooooo upset the dad backed out of the adoption.
There is notthing worse then empty arms.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.