photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
kitkat Offline OP
OP Offline
K
after going through the protocol and getting some milk to come in we found out the baby we were to care for wasn't coming our way. which is a disappointment but ok because her mother is making a good choice. i will admit much of my disappointment is that i won't be breast feeding. i was really looking forward to it and felt so happy and complete to have milk in my breasts again. i felt it completed me as a woman.

i stopped pumping a few weeks ago but feel the urge to all the time. so today i tried pumping again just to satisfy that urge and was surprised to see i still have some milk. which lead me to think i will continue on this journey even just a few times a day and keep my milk going.

i guess i just wonder: is this weird?

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I don't think it is weird. Personally, I just didn't like pumping, so I probably wouldn't do it. I would rather be on the protocol and start pumping a few weeks before the baby was due. Are you waiting to be matched? Good luck!

Jennifer

K
kitkat Offline OP
OP Offline
K
We don't have any baby in site. What we were preparing to do was a special arrangement with someone to help care for their baby temporarily. What I'm feeling is now that I started the process and even though I have no baby coming, I still want to keep the milk going. Is that strange?

Katherine

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Hi Katherine

I have a thought. If you are feeling a fulfillment in pumping why not take it to the next level? There are many women out there who would love to have breastmilk to feed their babies. There are donation banks all over the country. Why not look into that? And, if by providence, another baby comes into your life you will have the milk to give them life as well

Uk
J
J
Uk
Hi I was going to say the exact same thing as Linda has!
Otherwise for now just keep doing it until you feel you either need to stop, or until you have that opportunity arise of a baby to care for?

Best of luck.
xx

Expecting a Baby 13th Apr 11 through Host Surrogacy, after 9 yrs of heartache,ivf, 5 m/c's, 1 Bio-Chem,&1 ectopic. This go was twins but we sadly lost 1. Now staying positive for our precious baby.:-)

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.