Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Hello!

I ordered my Dom through inhousepharmcy.biz and they were very reliable. The order came in about a week and everything was as described. Their customer service department is very good as well. I would recommend them. I would wait to start the bc pills until you have the dom. They work together.

Good Luck!!

Maryland
M
M
Maryland
Thanks! I aso realized my doctor gave me a prescription for a different kind of BCP, so I am going to have to get them to change it. How long do you take the domperidone? I will be on the Accelerated Protocol. Baby is due in early August.

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
You will be on the Dom for as long as you are breast feeding. I think some people ween themselves off the Dom but your supply can be affected.

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I would second what Claudia said. I got my dom from inhousepharmacy too. I had no problems.

I took the dom the entire time I breastfed. The first time I was on it for 8 months before the baby was born and then 18 months while I breastfed. The second time I was on it for 11 months while we waited, and then 20 months that I was breastfeeding. I was able to wean down to a lower dosage, but when I stopped it completely, my supply really dropped (I was ready to wean at that point).

I would order it right away so you can get started. I always ordered the largest amount they offered because it was cheapest per pill.
Jennifer

Colorado
M
experienced member
experienced member
M
Colorado
inhousepharmacy.biz is a reliable site that I have used for both times that I induced. Domperidone is not FDA approved, but it is not illegal to import to the US for personal use! It is given to infants for gastrointestinal motility problems in Canada. Dr's are apprehensive to prescribe meds that don't have FDA approval under the mistaken impression that it means they aren't safe.

You should wait until you can take both BCP and domperidone. Reglan is the only other drug that has any of the same effect as domperidone. However, it has SERIOUS side effects. Depression is a huge problem!! My sister-in-law took it for a short time to increase her milk supply and stopped taking it because of depression. Please don't take it!! Also it doesn't work as well as domperidone. My advice- order the domperidone from inhousepharmacy.biz it is worth it. You will need to continue on domperidone for as long as you nurse, so keep that in mind when you order.

Michele
Mommy to Danielle born 5/30/08 and Brady born 12/26/10
Illinois
J
J
Illinois
Also, Reglan crosses the blood brain barrier in babies, and can cause some side effects in them too.
Jennifer

Maryland
M
M
Maryland
Thanks everyone! I was able to order it and started the protocol today! What about the herbs? Do you stay on those even after you start breastfeeding?

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
I didn't start taking the herbs until I started pumping. I'd wait until then.

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
You start the herbs when you start pumping or breastfeeding. I only stayed on the Blessed Thistle for a short time, but stayed on the fenugreek for close to a year.
Jennifer

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.