Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14671 05/17/12 04:16 PM
ontario canada
OP Offline
ontario canada
hello all my name is Michelle and Lenore asked me to post my stoy here and here is goes

i was a man going throu the changes to becomming a woman and now that i am a woman i took what ever i needed to take to lactate and get my milk in becuase i was apply to adopt a baby and was hoping i can not only be a woman that was producing milk but to be a breastfeeding mother and the day they called me and said they have a woman that had a baby girl and wanted her to go to a good home i jumped up and went to go see her and i just feel in love with her and the good thing was too that the mother plained on breastfeeding her till i got all my papers and everyhting in order to bring my new daughter home and she new that i was induceing my self to lactat so i can continue to breastfeed her when i get her home thats one of the resends she breastfeed her baby that was soon to be mine and i have not been any happyer then i have been now since i have been breastfeeding her for over a few mths now and the nursing and breastfeeding has been going well and she latched on good and took to my breasts fine and been healthy and growing fast and we also have been and bonded well and i love every minit of breastfeeding due to the bonding and the enjoyment of looking in to her eyes as she looks up to me as she suckles at my breasts hearing her swollow each and evry drop of my milk i have a picture here i like to post its a very cute pic and i hope u all love it cus i know my sister does as she is the one that took it i will explain it first before posting it a few days after getting home and a few days after breastfeeding my new baby girl ( angel ) i call her is cus she is an angel to me anyways i was at home breastfeeding angel and my sister stoped over to see her and meet her for the first time and walked in to my living room where i was feeding her and my sister heart just melted as mine did do to the fact she saw me breastfeeding like she has done before and still at times lets her daughter still nurse and thats the funny thing about this pic that when her daughter saw me nursing my baby girl she ran up to me and lifted up my shirt and she latched on to my other breast and my sister tryed to stop her daughter and said no u cant just help your self to aunties boob and her milk thats when i looked at my sister and said its ok i am sure i have anuff milk for both if it ok with u and sis looked at me and said are u sure and smiled then said i have to take a pic of this if u dont mind and of corse i loved breastfeeding so much and did not have a camura of my owe so i said yes please take a pic and here is the pic

Last edited by MTFmommy; 05/17/12 04:20 PM.
MTFmommy #14673 05/18/12 06:19 AM
TX
J
J
TX
That's so amazing. I'm so glad you were able to feed your daughter. It must have been meant to be in so many ways that you became her mom!

Mom to baby boy born April 8th and placed April 19th. Finally got the nursing going, even without a supplementer at times!
JenniferRock #14681 05/20/12 03:38 AM
ontario canada
OP Offline
ontario canada
thanks for the nice reply

are u an adopting mother too ? and are u a regular mom or a transmom like me ? and are u breastfeeding also ? or plain on breastfeeding ?

MTFmommy #14682 05/20/12 11:17 AM
TX
J
J
TX
I just adopted and am still on accelerated protocol to start making milk. I'm nursing with a supplementer for now and that's pretty neat. I was born a woman and luckily my brain and body agreed on that.

Mom to baby boy born April 8th and placed April 19th. Finally got the nursing going, even without a supplementer at times!
JenniferRock #14684 05/20/12 08:02 PM
ontario canada
OP Offline
ontario canada
to all that did not under stand my post i was a full male that was on hormones and slowly becomeing a woman and now that all my hard work paid off i am now a full woman and not only a woman but i am a breastfeeding mother of a baby girl ( angel )

MTFmommy #14686 05/21/12 05:43 AM
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Dear Michelle,

CONGRATULATIONS! Thank you ever so much for posting your story. Although there are many successes that have been documented and many of us faced challenges beyond measure in order to feed our babies who came to us via adoption or surrogacy, none is more arduous than the journey undertaken by the M-F transgendered mother. How many born-female-mothers were shunned at the hospital when we attempted to feed our babies? How many of us were threatened with losing custody of our babies when well-meaning social services personel reported our efforts as "impossible", "for our own purposes", "our milk was insufficient" or not "real" milk, or "lacking in nutritive components" when in fact research going back to 1991 has shown our milk to be indestiguishable from that of birth mothers approximately 10 days post-partum? Imagine the challenges faced by Michelle. As an equal opportunity breastfeeding advocate I whole-heartedly applaud you and thank you Michelle. Your baby is very fortunate to have you as her mother.

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Lenore #14687 05/21/12 06:01 AM
ontario canada
OP Offline
ontario canada
thanks for letting me post it

and i am not sure if u got my other email u can use the pics i sent u and use my story also i would be honered if u did and i am sure Angel when she is older would love this story too and i can see it in her eyes she is happy i am her mother

MTFmommy #14691 05/23/12 06:43 PM
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
I don't have any but I had purchased the Gilligan & O'Malley brand at Target for less than $20 and they were very comfortable.

Claudia #14693 05/23/12 06:46 PM
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Sorry - wrong thread

Claudia #14694 05/23/12 07:37 PM
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Michelle,

Did you do the protocol or did you just start pumping? How much are you able to produce? Congrats on your baby and your ability to breast feed her!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.