Next Thread
Print Thread
#14674 05/18/12 06:24 AM
TX
J
OP Offline
J
TX
So I finally found a supportive doc who wrote me a prescription for Ortho 1/35. once I got it home I realized that I can't refill it and get next month's supply until next month since my insurance wants to wait until this prescription has been used. My doctor was writing it for the purposes of the protocol though. How do those of you on bc for months at a time do this? Since I'm just taking for 30+ days I figured I could just wait a week and then start taking it so I can refill when I get to end of the month.

Jennifer

Mom to baby boy born April 8th and placed April 19th. Finally got the nursing going, even without a supplementer at times!
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I think you can refill after 21ish days. Call the pharmacy and find out. That is how my prescription worked.
Jennifer

B
B
You should talk to the pharmacist. They usually let you refill it once a certain amount of the original pers riptiion has been used, each insurance company allows for different time frames. I was able to get mine a week early every time. Never really had a problem. Also you can tell your pharmacist you need it a bit early bc you are going out of town. If you only need ti do it once this should work for you. They have to call the insurance company but it usually works out fine. Good luck!

P
P
I wanted to add that I asked my pharmacist about this today and he said that the doctor could had to the Rx that you're taking only active pills and they will refill them as necessary. Not sure what insurance would cover though. I also suggest calling your OB office to see if they have any samples to give you. I was surprised today that my pills were covered 100% by insurance.

L
L
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to add to what others had said. If your doctor specifies on the rx that you take the active pills only (thus it's a 21 day rx instead of 30 day rx) insurance will cover it every three weeks.

Most insurances have a mail order or 90 day rx option, I've found this super easy, my dr faxed my rx to medco for 4 packs for a 90 days supply, so every 3 months I have a refill come in the mail-so easy and convenient once I got it set up!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.