Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15092 11/12/12 02:47 PM
South east
Tobin's Offline OP
OP Offline
South east
I ordered more Dom several weeks ago, but it hasn't arrived yet. I've finally run out of pills altogether. My last one was a couple of days ago.

Until today, things went well, but now I'm getting almost no milk!

Is there anything I could do to keep my production up until new meds arrive (which I'm hopeful will be soon!)? I tried taking some of the herbs (fenugreek), but they made me really sick, so that's not an option. Also, I'm pumping as much as my schedule will allow, but it's still slipping!

I wasn't doing so well to begin with. I don't want to be moving backwards!!

Mom to Ty and soon-to-be mom to Toby.
MA
C
C
MA
Can you have a doctor write you a script for Domperidone? You then can have it filled at a compound pharmacy? I hear it only takes 2 days to fill.

Colette
South east
Tobin's Offline OP
OP Offline
South east
I haven't been able to get anyone in my area to fill it. Online was the only way I could get them. I'm about a week past their estimated date, so I really, really hope they'll be here soon.

R
R
Do you have a Medicine Shoppe near you? That is where I get mine.

South east
Tobin's Offline OP
OP Offline
South east
Hmm.. I'll have to look into that. I'm a little bit in the middle of nowhere.

South east
Tobin's Offline OP
OP Offline
South east
Update: They arrived!

My supply dropped to less than 1/2 what I was getting, even with pumping more, but at least now I can start to work back to where I was!

MA
C
C
MA
That is good news!!

Just thought this might be helpful...

1. When I order Domperidone from InHousePharmacy.biz and just pick "Standard Shipping" I find that it takes 16 days for me to receive my package.

2. When I pay the $50 the for the "Express Mail", I receive the package in 6 or 7 days. So if you are worried about running out........pay the extra!

Colette
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
Glad you got it!
Jennifer

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.