Print Thread
#15277 01/29/13 01:19 PM
Michigan, USA
D
OP Offline
D
Michigan, USA
Hi All,
So, here is my story. I been on the protocol twice now. The first time, I was on it for 3 months. I am a doula, and needed milk just in case the adoption happened and I needed to go to a birth. I was able to pump quite a bit of milk over the next two months. I then went back onto the meds and was on them for over a year. In that time, we had an adoption that fell through. I started to get discouraged, and when my meds ran out, I quit taking them. That was almost 4 months ago. I can still hand express drops of milk. A week and a half ago, we got the call that we were matched and the baby is due in early May. I have ordered more meds and am waiting for them to arrive. I will start them as soon as they arrive, and will have about 3 months until the baby comes. Soooo...what I am wondering is, should I just take the meds up until the baby arrives, staying on them as long as possible, or should I take them for 2 months and then start pumping? The two times that I went off of the hormones and pumped, I was able to get at least an ounce the first time I pumped. I think that I will respond better to baby at breast than to the pump. Also, I have over 150 oz of donated breastmilk to supplement with if I need to. Any insights would be appreciated!

Mom of 3 boys and soon to be baby girl!

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
I would stay on the protocol until the baby comes. It is better to get your body prepared to make milk. Once you have the baby, he/she will be better than a pump to stimulate production.

Congrats!!

MA
C
C
MA
This is what I am doing...
I am staying on Prometrium Protocol until our baby is born.
I will use donor milk with Lact-aid while my milk comes in.

Colette
Michigan, USA
D
OP Offline
D
Michigan, USA
Colette,
When is your baby due? Our birthmom is due in May.

MA
C
C
MA
Our son is due to be born first week in April! Getting close!

Colette
Michigan, USA
D
OP Offline
D
Michigan, USA
Congrats! We will be a month behind you! Hopefully, we can encourage each other as we go through this process. My name is Kim.

MA
C
C
MA
That would be nice, Kim
The thread titled "lack of breast changes" Is my thread that I have posted my progress on. What birth-control pills or hormones did you use for your protocol?

Colette

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.