#1804 07/11/03 06:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all please help

this has been the worse 2 weeks of my life, my twins were born through Gestational surrogacy on June 28th 2003 at 23.5 days
My daughter Jade passed away at 1 hour after birth and my Son Junior is in NICU of Kingston General Hospital my surrogate is pumping for him but even though I am so greatful to her I'm still really upset with myself this is something I wanted to do for Junior I wanted to be able to feed him and have been pumping for 8 weeks now and nothing I take Fenugreek blessed Thistle Rasberry tea and Domperamine and pump every 2 hours but nothing I really want this to hapen any one got any help for me at all please please help

Bridget

#1805 07/11/03 08:46 PM
Idaho
experienced member
experienced member
Idaho
Dear Bridget,
I am so so sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. Your heart must be breaking. Are you able to be with your son? Can you sing to him? Talk to him? Will they let you do kangaroo care with him (skin to skin contact) when he gets stable? I have heard that is fabulous for premies. Remember that there is much more to motherhood than just milk. I wish I had the magic 'pill' for you, but all I can say is that my heart is going out to yours right now and I am praying for you.

Mary in Idaho, mom to 7, including 2 from Korea, and Emily Zion (1�) coming home from Ethiopia in February!
#1806 07/12/03 12:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi,
I am so sorry for your loss. You could use donor milk, fortified for premies, until yours comes in. I used to work in NICU, if you have any medical questions I could help...my thoughts and prayers are with you,,,Cathy

#1807 07/12/03 01:13 PM
D
D
Bridget, I am so sorry for your loss. We will keep you and your family in our prayers, always.

It sounds like you didnt take the bcp first, then pump?? Just started the dom and herbs and pumping?? All I can suggest is to contact Lenore---she can definitely tell you what to do at this point, if you have no milk at 8 weeks. If you didnt do the bcps first, there is a protocol that lasts just a few weeks, then pumping again. Lenore also had her first son prematurely, and can help maybe, with what you are going through with Junior. G-d bless.

Donna

#1808 07/14/03 04:52 AM
experienced member
experienced member
Dear Bridget,

I am so sorry for your loss. As a mother who suffered the pain of loss I truly understand. It seems that you make be taking herbs that work against each other. Raspberry leaf and fennel are often listed as milk makers but they aren't proven. The only two herbs that Lenore recommends is fenugreek seed and blessed thistle herb.

At this point in time, if your milk supply is not in, you may want to consider the accelerated protocol. This involves the use of a special birth control pill Yasmin or Microgestin together with the domperidone for 30 days. Some mothers have been able to bring in substantial milk supplies with this method. You can read about this here http://www.asklenore.info/breastfeeding/induced_lactation/accelerated_protocol.html

Also, there is a fabulous Lactation Consutlant in Toronto named Edith Kernerman. She's a friend of Lenore's. When you email lenore, ask her to put you in touch with Edith who can either find you a good LC or she may even come to you herself.

You can reach Lenore at lenore@asklenore.info You can email Lenore, she's currently in Texas visiting with her surrogate mom but is checking her emails.

You're in my prayers. Hang in there honey.

Esther

Esther #1809 07/16/03 08:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thankyou

no i did not take BCP I'm unable to re clots I will e mail Lenore

but at moment it not easy get to comp I'm at the hospital

thankyou

Bridget

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.