Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2197 08/25/03 01:08 PM
D
Donna Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi, all! My gorgeous little boy was born Aug 1st, weighed an even 6 pounds. Since I had been pumping, and immediately started BF, he only lost half an ounce. At 4 days old, he was up to 6lbs, 2 oz. One week later, we weighed him again, and he was now 6, 6. Okay, so the really good news is........9 days later (drum roll please!)..........he weighs 7lbs, 5 ounces!! WoooHooo!! I did the accelerated protocol, and he has never been supplemented so far. I am just so thrilled that he is gaining so well! He nurses every one and a half to 2 hours, which hopefully will spread out to every 2 hours soon.......sleep would be nice! But, all in all, he is doing great, and these protocols have been a G-dsend! Best of luck to all!

Donna

Donna #2198 08/25/03 01:37 PM
D
D
How wonderful! I'm really glad he is doing so well!!

Can I ask how much you were pumping at his birth? I'm expecting to start nursing sometime next week, and am wondering when I should start supplementing. I am now pumping 9oz/day.

Congrats, Donna!!!

Dale
IM to Alex via GS
due 9/6

D
Donna Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi, Dale, and congrats on the impending delivery!! I was pumping about 12 ounces a day just before we delivered. Hurt like the dickens when he was first born, since he was eating much less than I was producing for the first few days! But, we settled in quickly. Goodluck with everything--hope your surrogate has an easy delivery! I'm thinking you may not have to supplement for the first week or so...Jory is quite the effective little milker, and my supply has obviously kept up with him. Take good care, hon, and let us all know when you are the Mommy!!

Donna

Idaho
experienced member
experienced member
Idaho
Donna,

That is really fabulous to hear how well you are doing with nursing! I am just wishing my little one would come so I could try out my milk supply on her! I have high hopes as I am getting about 19 oz a day now.

Congrats again!

Mary in Idaho, mom to 7, including 2 from Korea, and Emily Zion (1�) coming home from Ethiopia in February!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.