photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2979 01/29/04 09:35 PM
OP Offline
why do I feel like after I pumped I am full, but I hardly get any milk out and I feel sooo full before I pump and get maybe 3 ounces. I was getting like 4-5oz each pumping session. I am pumping on fast speed and medium suction.

Also My breast as SOOOOO sore. Almost a brusied feeling. Thoughts ?

And anyones else have pains in the breast like sharp shooting pains ever so often. ( not when I am pumping, and not bad enough, just minor)

Savannah Rose Marie due April 13, 04 via TS
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi,
The sharp shooting pains are probably "let down"...I get them also..how long are you pumping for? What pump are you using? Have you tried warm soothies prior to pumping? I just started pumping again 4 days ago with domperidone.. and I am already having the sharp/tingling pain of letdown and my breasts are fuller etc..and I am much more fatigued,, so I guess something is happening,,I am also getting drops from both sides already..I am thinking about adding the Whittlestone pump to my PIS and Avent Isis, mainly for the extra stimulation...
You are doing so great,,keep up the good work! Casthy

extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
It sounds like you have a plugged duct! After you pump, is there one specific area that is hard, or full? Is it one or both breasts? Do you have a hand pump? If so, take it into the shower with you, and take a real warm shower. If that doesnt' work, try a heating pad on the affected area, then try pumping after that. And if nothing else, try some Lecithin. It does work. I had a real stubborn blockage, more than 24 hours. I took a Lecithin, and it was resolved 2 hours later. Try to fix it as soon as possible. If it is blocked too long, it can develop in mastitis.
Email me, if you have questions. wastelands@comcast.net

wife to Jim, mommy to Daphne and Jeran and Jalen
DawnL #2982 01/31/04 03:00 AM
OP Offline
sent you an email.

Savannah Rose Marie due April 13, 04 via TS

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.