Next Thread
Print Thread
#10293 12/23/07 01:56 AM
Washington State
T
OP Offline
T
Washington State
Hello every one. My name is Tamera. I am a mother to six children. I do not work outside the home, I spend my time homeschooling the kids and just having fun.

I've breastfed for years, and even tandem nursed.

With my last child I gave birth at home as planned but was transfered to the hospital 4 days later with serious postpartum depression. (my first & last experience with that!)

They kept me for a few days and medicated me. At first I was dead set against meds, but after a while I saw that I needed them, and started. One of the meds I could not nurse on. At that point I just didn't care anymore. Now that I look back, I know it was just the ppd talking. I let myself dry up. I will regret this for the rest of my life.

So, now I'm doing much much better. I'm also on safe meds to nurse again. I've been getting donated bm for him, but I want to provide it to him as well.

I have a SNS, but he keeps biting me. I've been pumping 4-6 times a day with a good medela double pump, taking 9 domperidones a day, 12 fenugreek capsules, eating lots of oats and drinking water. But when I pump I only get about tsp. total. I've been at it for about 5 days now.

Will I see an increase in my milk production? What else can I do? I'm happy that I'm seeing some milk since last week I couldn't even produce a single drop! = )

I also have my 2yo nurse, but his latch has gotten lazy, and it's quite painful.

Also, how can I get Kyle back on the breast? He's 7 months old now, and hasn't been nursed since he was a few weeks old.

Thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated. grin

Tamera, Mama to 6 Beautiful children.
Tamerajb #10294 12/23/07 08:06 PM
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Tamera welcome. Good for you for wanting to nurse again. You totally can do it. Lots of women have adopted older babies and gotten them to the breast so no reason why you can't with your child. I have a transition to breast protocol I can send you that Lenore wrote. If you give me your email I will send it to you.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle #10298 12/24/07 05:47 AM
Washington State
T
OP Offline
T
Washington State
I would love to read the protocol, thank you!!!

[email protected] = )

Tamera, Mama to 6 Beautiful children.
Tamerajb #10299 12/24/07 08:06 PM
Idaho
Idaho
Okay I sent you an email. smile

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.