photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TTnT Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I am new to this forum, and have a question for all of you experienced moms.

My husband and I have just completed an IVF cycle with a gestational carrier (I am unable to carry a child due to a hysterectomy following the birth of my son) and we got our positive pregnancy test last week! Our due date is actually September 4th, but there is a good chance that it could be moved up a week or 2 due to the GC having previous C-Sections and this delivery will be as well.

My question is when I should start the protocol. I want to get my meds ordered and get a pump purchased so that I can be prepared when the time comes. (Oh and I am SO excited!!!!)

I have previously nursed my daughter- she is 9- I nursed her for 5 months, and my son- he is 6- I nursed for 10 months. I did have a good full supply when I nursed before, but I realize that this will be almost like starting from scratch. I have also had a lumpectomy in my right breast and they removed a "ductal mass" from there so that may be a slight challenge as well.

I am thankfull for all of the great info you share here, and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks

Tricia

Last edited by TTnT; 12/31/07 05:56 PM.
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Tricia, CONGRATS!!! For most Mom's the longer you are the protocol the better chance of a full supply. I would order meds and start as soon as you get everything. The pump only comes into play once you stop the bcp so you have time for that. You will only be pumping for a few weeks prior to delivery and then maybe after feeds.
See if your insurance will cover your pump purchase. Many do. You can get a Medela Symphony if they will cover it. Or you can purchase a Limerick or Medela PIS.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.