Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Colorado
M
experienced member
experienced member
M
Colorado
If you want to induce naturally you should use probably domperidone along with goat's rue which is an herb that stimulates your milk producing system to "mature". Then when you start producing milk you can add the herbs Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek. All of these can be purchased on the Internet as you mentioned you live in a small town.

Michele
Mommy to Danielle born 5/30/08 and Brady born 12/26/10
Arkansas, USA
L
OP Offline
L
Arkansas, USA
wonderful! thank you so much! you are so helpful to me! i can just start taking domperidone right away? do i have to ease into it? are there any strange side effects?

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
I would use the dom and the goats rue and consider the other herbs as well. You will also need to start pumping around the clock, with a quality double pump. Medela Pump in Style, or Symphony as well as Limerick PJ Jr are all recommended.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
California
M
M
California
Hello Ladies,
I'm NEW. I'm an IP my Gestational Surrogate is carrying our bundle of joy. Due October 7th. I really want to breast feed, and have been reading up on this site.

Am i reading correctly, I DO NOT have to take the birth control pill to get the milk production started?
I take the Dom, which i just ordered, and the goats rue together, and pump pump pump.
When milk production comes, I start the blessed thistle and fenugreek herbs.

I had a meeting with my future pediatrician, she is a homeopath, like me. She snorted at my idea of breast feeding, saying do you really want to do this to your body, referring to the dom. Here is the question; What is the worse thing that can happen on Dom?
I'm hoping to use it for the least amount of time I need to. Am I being realistic? Do some women need it the entire time they nurse, 2-3 years?

If i take the birth control pill, will it help with the milk production or make no difference, is the goats rue just as good as the BC pill?

the last question; I made fibroids pretty quickly after taking Clomid, and the IVF drugs, will the BC pill and or the dom grow my fibroids?

Thanks for your support,
Marica.

I am my husbands wife
My dogs mommy
Expecting our bundle of Joy October 2008
Idaho
Idaho
Marica, most women need the Dom long term. I understand about homeopathy but the benefits of breastfeeding to you and baby in my opinion outweigh taking a safe pharmaceutical even if it is for years. (Likely you will be able to wean down off it maybe entirely after baby is older say a year and taking solids etc...) Amazing she would think formula is okay as it is about as synthetic as you can get.
The BCP will help with production, goats rue isn't the same but an alternative. There are women who cannot take the BCP I know that other herbs have been mentioned. Shatavari is one. I am sure Lenore will come on and answer your questions better for you.
But the BCP Dom combo is the preferred method for induction and is a very successful protocol.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
California
M
M
California
Thank you Lalle,
I will do what ever it takes, to breast feed my baby. I agree with you, the best thing for my child is mothers milk.

Just a quick question; can I get the BCP on line without a prescription? where? I already ordered the Dom.

thanks,
Marica.

I am my husbands wife
My dogs mommy
Expecting our bundle of Joy October 2008
Idaho
Idaho
you can. I got mine through inhouse pharmacy I am not sure if click remedy has them too.

I know I never got a DROP of milk until the did the protocol. A few women have gotten full supplies without the BCPs. But I must say only 2 that I have known of all these years. Most others have gotten drops.. Or maybe built up to an ounce or 2 a day. IF any way possible I would suggest the BCPs protocol

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Canada
L
L
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I just want to pop in here to mention that bringing in your milk "naturally" is a luxury we really do not have. But what we can do is everything in our power to bring in our milk supplies so our babies can *feed naturally*. The homeopathic pediatrician above means well but is losing sight of the fact that formula is an over-the-counter medication. Cow or soy based.... Our babies are not little cows and they are not little plants. So anything we put into them that does not come from our breast is not natural. Now formula has it's place to supplement our milk or for babies whose moms cannot provide breastmilk. But if you take a look at the World Health Organization's Code of Marketing of Breast=milk Substitutes breastmilk from mom is number one before any other thing.

So do what you can....a little medication or herbs to bring in a bigger milk supply is better than 100% feeding with over the counter stuff. And there is more to breastfeeding than the milk. There is teeth and jaw formation, bonding, nurturing. This "homeopath" needs to thing about the word "home" in that title. Mother is the baby's home or environment. The skin to skin contact in mom's arms provides a safe place, a nurturing place....that's what *home* means to your baby.

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
MA
M
M
MA
i am so motivated by your success so far. I started pumping about 1.5 weeks ago and just started dom 3 days ago- i am see drops of milk (not a lot but something) i think this is a good sign!
I am only taking 10mg 3 times a day and want to increase tomorrow to 20mg 4 times a day. How much are you taking, and how much goat's rue are you taking?
You didnt take the bcp before dom and your pumping routine, right? I was so worried about not doing that part of the protocol but i didnt think i could because of existing meds. and timing (I am expecting a baby april 20th from a surrogate mom!).
I wish you luck and hope i get more milk soon.
Any suggestions about dosages or sometime else that might work, please pass along.
thanks

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.