photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Topic Options
#10674 - 03/31/08 01:49 AM Hi!!! I am a newbie...
Lindsay Offline

I am in the process of adopting my 6 month old...I have had sole custody of her for 3 months and just starting the adoption proceedings as her teen parents and I both think it is for the best...I breastfed my adopted son for a while 16 years ago and he just basically comfort nursed at age 14 months..I did gradually get a bit of milk as I felt a let down but I never pumped...I am off to check out the boards....

Lindsay xx

#10675 - 04/01/08 01:28 AM Re: Hi!!! I am a newbie... [Re: Lindsay]
Nona Offline
extra helpful experienced member

Welcome Lindsay! Are you planning to do any of the protocols?

#10676 - 04/02/08 12:52 AM Re: Hi!!! I am a newbie... [Re: Lindsay]
Lindsay Offline

Yes...I am planning on doing the 30 days on ortho 1/35(if I can find it)and the dom then the herbs when I start pumping..

I can't get her to latch on though..I have tried when she is sleepy and changing the bottle to nipple but she woke up.She kind of half latched on a couple nights ago and pulled my nipple with her gums..Sometimes she will lick it but that is it..

Any suggestions? I will have to keep giving her the bottle at daycare..But I would like to feed her myself at night/weekends and home..

Thanks for the welcome..I am getting ready to order the dom..Do you know where I can order the ortho?

Lindsay

Moderator:  Admin 
Forum Stats
1902 Members
15 Forums
3354 Topics
15681 Posts

Max Online: 285 @ 01/16/20 02:54 PM

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.