Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10911 05/31/08 09:37 PM
S
Shannon Offline OP
OP Offline
S
We have a son coming in about a month. The due date is June 23 and I am currently taking Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek. I have Goat's Rue on order and just found out about Domperidone and ordered that. It should be here within two weeks. (I already started my Yasmin) My question is whether I need to stop the herbs until my milk comes in? The protocol that I found on AskLenore stated to start Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek once I start pumping. Can someone tell me if I am wasting my herbs by taking them too early? I don't have alot of time and I want to get a jump start, but my Dom won't even be here until a week before the baby is due at the earliest. Please help if you can...

Thank you
Shannon

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Shannon you are wasting your herbs and you are wasting your Yasmin. The Yasmin & Dom need to be taken together. It sounds like you will be doing the accelerated protocol. So here is what I suggest. Order a lact-aid www.lact-aid.com Begin the dom & yasmin when your Dom comes in. Stop the herbs for now. Since you are already taking the Yasmin I would continue that and just add the dom once you get it so you don't mess up your system. Start counting your 30 days once you are taking both together. You only take the active Yasmin pills. It sounds like your son will arrive before you finish the 30 days this is why you need a lact-aid. You can nurse him with that using donor milk or formula until you finish the protocol. Once your 30 days is up you stop the yasmin and add the herbs. Continue to nurse with the lact-aid pumping after feeds when you can. (A baby is much more efficient than a pump, but pumping will also help bring in your supply). It is always suggested that you see an international board certified Lactation consultant for help with latching and any other issues that may arise. You can search for one in your area here http://www.ilca.org/falc.html

Last edited by Lalle; 05/31/08 10:00 PM. Reason: added link for LC

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
S
Shannon Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the info. Any idea where I can get Dom in short time frame? My doc won't give an RX and the compounding pharmacy has never made it before. Thanks.

Idaho
Idaho
I only know of ordering online. Sometimes women here will have extra and are willing to sell some. Post in the Buy Sell Trade forum that you are needing some.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.